Looking for a TV Tuner for a notebook

nomad312

Solid State Member
Thread title explains most of the situation. Specifically:
  • Must accept composite input (component and/or s-video a plus, but not required)
  • No measurable latency/lag (by far the most important thing, as this will be used almost exclusively for console gaming)
  • PCMCIA is preferrable (I've heard some of them overheat and stop working, but apparently some USB ones fail to work correctly or have lag problems)
  • Money isn't a huge object, preferrably something <=$100 though... if the price is right and it works correctly I might get two
I've looked around at a few sites/listings/ebay auctions but almost none of them seem to even mention the latency issue, or advertise "lagless gaming" or the like.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

The PCMCIA one doesn't look bad, but it worries me that these, like the ones I've seen, don't mention a single word about their speed/latency for gaming.

I dunno, it just seems to me that's something they'd want to advertise. I have serious reservations against spending that kind of money on something which won't give immediate results on-screen; for TV it barely matters, but in gaming it's a very different story.

That's why I was hoping for reccomendations from people who'd done this exact thing before. But the links are useful, thanks.

Back
Top Bottom