I'm trying to stay at $1,100 or less while making a new gaming build as my laptop I use for class is starting to struggle quite a bit. Most of the parts I am pretty sure are what I am looking for, but any pointers/tips on my pending list such as cheaper parts for equal or better value (obviously) and checking to make sure everything will run compatibly are really the areas that I am looking for help - this is my first time ever building my own.
ASUS P8P67 Pro B3 Intel P67 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-2500K
Corsair CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B Vengeance Desktop Memory Kit - 8GB (2x 4GB), PC3-12800, DDR3-1600MHz, 9-9-9-24 CAS Latency, Intel XMP Ready, Unbuffered
OCZ OCZSSD2-2VTXE60G Vertex 2 Solid State Drive - 60GB, 2.5", SATA II
I am having trouble picking between a graphics card
1) MSI N570GTX Twin Frozr II/OC GeForce GTX 570 Video Card
2) ASUS EAH6950DCII/2DI4S/2G Radeon HD 6950 DirectCU II Video Card
I still have to decide on:
- a case (doesn't have to be flashy) that will fit everything and allow for good air flow
- power supply (I don't know how much I will need)
- hard drive (at least 500GB)
- and a DVD drive
I understand that keeping under the $1,100 may be tricky, but I was hoping this is where some much more experienced builders/shoppers could help me out with here.
Thank you very much