Looking for a safe voltage for my 4000+

THEpiGUY

Daemon Poster
Does anyone here know a good voltage to set my 4000+ to? I had it set to something..., then changed it to "AUTO" because I thought it would be better. Now, my processor is getting much higher temperatures than before and I'd like to set it lower. The problem is, A: I don't remember what it used to be; B: It doesn't tell me what "AUTO" is... If I remember right, it was previously 1.4125, but I'm not sure. I don't want to overvoltage it and fry my processor, and yet I don't want to undervoltage it and not be able to boot. I doubt that it would do anything just setting it to this, just wanted to get some info from you guys. By the way, it can be anywhere from 0.8 to 1.4625, with .0125 increments. Thanks a whole lot to anyone offering help.

I wouldn't go over 1.55 volts for everyday use. Just see how low of a voltage you can use with it staying stable. I would set it at 1.400 - 1.450 volts(if you aren't overclocking) and run Prime95 to make sure it is stable.

:) Thanks a lot (in a nice, not a mean way). I set it to 1.4125, which I guess is lower than it used to be..., and when in use it's about 7 degrees Celcius cooler than it used to be.

One more quick question though, if you don't mind answering. Would a higher voltage and less MHz be better, worse, or equal in performance to lesser voltage and more MHz? Thanks again for the help

Well higher mhz always is faster. Voltage dosent have anything to do with speed. So answering your question, it would be worse to have higher voltage and less mhz.

Back
Top Bottom