Looking to purchase a pre-built

Archlvt

In Runtime
Every time I put together my own pc, some type of compatibility prevents me from playing it to its fullest. Most recently, I was recommended an hd5770 and a 650w antec psu. Plenty of power, only problem is, it overheats. Myself, as well as the people who recommended it to me, didn't even consider the possibility that my case was not cool enough to support it.

Little things like this happen to me all the time, and I'm just tired of it all. I want to buy a pc that will run EVERYTHING straight out of the box with little or no thought. Money is no object for me, but I don't want to get stupid and overkill on it either. I'd like to keep it between $800-$1000.

I'm looking to run things like current/future MMOs, such as Guild Wars 2. I'd like to be able to run Starcraft 2 at MAX settings with ZERO lag or frame rate drops (60 the entire time). I'd like to be able to run emulators such as dolphin and PCSX2 (gamecube/ps2) because my TV is too large and old consoles look stretched and pixelated. You can't even see Vaan in FF12 because he's a jaggy mess.

Quad core is preferred, and at least 4gb ram. Video card and psu does not matter, because if they're piss-poor, I can always put in my current ones.

Emphasis should be placed on temperature, it should run cool and quiet!

I've been out of the loop as far as upgrading PCs go, as my DS has been taking up what little free time I've had for the last year or so, so I probably sound like a complete newb here, but just try to bear with me. If you ABSOLUTELY cannot find a pre-built PC this cheap, I'll bump my budget up to $1200. But only after every single sub-$1000 option has been exhausted.

Again, I'd like to emphasize that I want a prebuilt. I do not want to order components and build another PC from the ground up again. I want to have the option to just send the thing back in if anything should go wrong. I'm willing to pay the money to avoid the headache and hassle.

I don't need a monitor BTW, I have my old beautiful 19" LG monitor, and, while it may be old and outdated with a poor resolution, I've never looked at a picture so perfect and clear as this. I may even end up scouting for another one of these if they;re not discontinued and dual screen it.

Anyhoo, let me know if you find anything, or if you need any other info or criteria, I'll be happy to provide. Just please don't waste posts by trying to convince me to build my own, or by trying to diagnose the problems from my old pc. I just want a fresh, clean slate so that I can sit back, breathe in, and be glad not to have that little THING in the back of my mind telling me that I might have done something wrong and that it will crash and fry at any moment.

Back
Top Bottom