Looking for Powerful Desktop for Graphic Design+Gaming

Eun Jin

Beta member
Fairly new to this site, so I don't really know the rules of the forum, sorry X/

I am currently looking for a DESKTOP that is extremely powerful so I could delve into graphic design. I am also an avid gamer so amazing graphics and smooth running of games are a MUST. Price is NOT a huge issue as I am a firm believer in the getting the best products that are well worth the price for my circumstances. I have been eying the 27" iMac with Retina 5K Display and am looking heavily into performance and am wondering if the jumps between these make a real noticeable difference in performance:

3.5GHz i5 vs. 4.0GHz i7 processor
8GB vs. 16GB vs. 32GB RAM
1TB Fusion Drive vs. 3TB Fusion Drive vs. 1TB Flash Storage
AMD Radeon R9 M290X 2GB GDDR5 vs. AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4GB GDDR5

For the storage, I am really comparing the FDs to the 1TB FS, specifically if the 3TB FD would be better than the 1TB FS in terms of performance.

I've been using windows for basically 12-13 years and wanted a change, so I opted for Apple products this time around. However I am still considering Windows products, but as of now I'm really only looking at a Windows laptop (ASUS) which I will buy much later than the desktop. Feel free to leave suggestions though<3

Thanks in advance for reading this novel<3!

Back
Top Bottom