Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-17-2009, 09:33 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05
Question Looking for a nice steering wheel for the pc

Hey guys

Well recently i came upon this really cool game that can be checked out at iracing.com and it looks really cool, their is one catch though, u cant use controllers or anything, only steering wheels with pedals.

I dont really know of any good steering wheels for the pc but im a hardcore racing simulation enthusiast so i basically want everything. I want the wheel(force feedback preferred)with pedals. I also want a clutch/manual, i recommend regular stick shifting but if their is something really nice with pedal shifters i do not mind.

I am really looking for some nice with good quality and under $250, i do not want something cheap from target or walmart. Thanks for your guys help, ill be googling myself so if u guys find something good please post here and let me know, thanks.

Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 09:36 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Looking for a nice steering wheel for the pc

This looks like a good deal...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826280013

These things get expensive

And if you want to go all out with a shifter, clutch and all

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104028

Old 06-17-2009, 09:53 PM   #3
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05

ya man i was looking at the G25, looks so sick, i think im going to take it
Old 06-17-2009, 09:54 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Go for it.

I could imagine how realistic it will be, especially with the top-notch graphics and your (soon to be) huge monitor
Old 06-17-2009, 10:06 PM   #5
Daemon Poster

ya, well i might just wait it out and buy like a 46" 1080p tv, would be better than 23.6"

i would love to buy a nice stand with a racing seat, but that wont be cheap
Old 06-18-2009, 12:25 AM   #6
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
ya, well i might just wait it out and buy like a 46" 1080p tv, would be better than 23.6"

i would love to buy a nice stand with a racing seat, but that wont be cheap
Make your own.

Seriously. Deck it out with speakers and everything
Old 06-18-2009, 04:44 AM   #7
Daemon Poster

Techmaster,

I highly recommend the G25. I have one myself and, when I have the time to actually use it with Live for Speed, it makes me very happy.

It's a great wheel. Even though its expensive as hell, it's worth it. There is no substitute.
Old 06-18-2009, 10:53 AM   #8
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to jikifreak

Logitech always makes great steering wheels. I still have my Driving Force Pro for the PS2 that I got JUST FOR Gran Turismo 4 and WOW its awesome! I got it to work on my PC, and playing any racer is very fun with it.

As for a gamer chair, seriously, that would be awesome to build one like an arcade setup!
Rosewill Conqueror|ASRock A780GXE AM2+|Phenom II X4 940@3.0Ghz Stock|Zalman 9900|8GB G.Skill DDR2 800|OCZ StealthXStream 700W|XFX Ati Raedeon 5770 1gb GDDR5 DX11|16X Samsung DVD-RW|360GB(SATA), 40GB(SATA), 160GB(SATA), 200GB(IDE) 500GB External(USB 2.0)|Windows 7 64Bit|19inch LCD Widescreen at 1400X900 Resolution via DVI|
jikifreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
Hey guys

Well recently i came upon this really cool game that can be checked out at iracing.com and it looks really cool, their is one catch though, u cant use controllers or anything, only steering wheels with pedals.

Techmaster, Have you played this game yet anywhere? It looks really interesting...

The one and only game I will ever swear by for the PC is "Live For Speed" as far as physics and driving feel are concerned. It gives a true-to-life feel of driving and racing an actual car, especially with manual shifting setups. This "iRacing" game looks great, but $19/month subscription and more money for extra cars caught me off-guard. I might just purchase one month and see how it goes.
Old 06-18-2009, 01:38 PM   #10
Daemon Poster

ya im just going to purchase the one month once i get my wheel, im going to order it today i think. Iracing looks like a really good game and its supposed to be like an extreme sim game with decent graphics, wish the good sim games on pc had good graphics, would add that much more realism to the game. Though that did catch me off guard, paying $15 for cars and tracks really blows so i guess im just going to purchase a 1 month and see how that goes.

how is live for speed btw ? i never really played that game but i checked it out yesterday and it seems interesting

UPDATE: k so i just ordered it with overnight shipping, should be getting the wheel sometime tomorrow.