Looking for a new cheap laptop that can do a lot of gruntwork (high-frequency trading

larryg003

Beta member
Hi,

I'm new to the site. I am looking for a new cheap laptop that will allow me to do a lot of gruntwork in high-frequency trading. It must be able to handle mql and won't freeze if it is continually pulling data from the internet. I know this is like fishing for diamonds, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Ideally i'd like to stay under 800 bucks. If you can break 600 or 700 that would be fantastic...

-LG

Does it have to be a laptop? I don't know much about this trading business but it sounds like a server would be better for you. If that's to much of an overkill, probably a good desktop instead. You didn't mention anywhere if you'll be on the go or not.

Does it have to be a laptop? I don't know much about this trading business but it sounds like a server would be better for you. If that's to much of an overkill, probably a good desktop instead. You didn't mention anywhere if you'll be on the go or not.

Thanks for your quick response krone6. Yes-it has to be a laptop and i have to be able to carry it around (aka not 20 lbs). I'm not expecting to be able to place a trade every nanosecond, but it has to not crash every five minutes. would something like an alienware m11x work? Dell Inspiron 15R (N5110)? Lenovo ThinkPad E420s?

Thanks a lot!

I don't deal in this field often but alienware is more catered towards the gamer and not business man. A business laptop is probably the better choice to go for you. That's about all the help i can give at this point, you should see what others say on this router as well. Remember that most, if not all alienware laptops are heavy and have bad battery life. I don't know if they've updated the battery at all, but so far i have never heard of one getting over 3 hours.

Back
Top Bottom