Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-23-2010, 05:29 PM   #1
Daemon Poster
 
Whyfly??'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 976
Default Looking for a mouse :)

Is this where accessories go?
If they do, I have $50, I mean literally $50 max.
I got a rebate and that is all I have to blow.
I need both a new keyboard and a new mouse, though I feel a mouse is more beneficial. I play COD
So first should I get a mouse or keyboard, I feel a mouse will better, I am open-minded though
Plus if so I have $50 MAX to spend, plus shipping plus everything.
I am looking for something comfortable and that works well, looks are a bonus.
That's all I want.
If it's possible I would like to mouse to have a blue lighting, NOT NECESSARY at all, but it would be nice to fit my lighting
I can't seem to find a good selection at Newegg, am I looking in the wrong place?
It doesn't have to be exactly $50, it can only be less. If anything I'll throw in a mouse pad if I still have some money left
__________________

__________________
Amd Phenom ii 940 3.0 Stock cooler :( :( :(
XFX Geforce 260 Core 216
Antec 1200 with 600 watt Ocz Modxstream Pro
4 gigs DDR2 1066 RAM... 640 gig hard drive
Gigabyte Ud4P-MA790x
Whyfly?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:42 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
 
GibsonSGKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

Maybe look into the Logitech G5's? Also, the Razer DeathAdder and Lachesis are fantastic, but a bit out of your price range. This is sort of a hard thing to find, because the really good mouses (or mice?) are just out of your pricerange
__________________

__________________
C2Q Q9400 @ 3.2GHZ | Zalman 9900 LED HeatSink | Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard | CM Storm Scout case | 1TB Caviar Black HDD | GTX760 4GB | 23" Acer [1920x1080] & 21.6" Asus [1920x1080] monitors
GibsonSGKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #3
Daemon Poster
 
Whyfly??'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 976
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonSGKing View Post
Maybe look into the Logitech G5's? Also, the Razer DeathAdder and Lachesis are fantastic, but a bit out of your price range. This is sort of a hard thing to find, because the really good mouses (or mice?) are just out of your pricerange

Haha yeah i know
But I'm happy with $50
I think I need to clear something up, haha I don't need an excellent mouse. Just something better then basic, lower then a "true" gaming mouse.
I have a regular Gateway stock mouse, I'm sure there's something for $50 that will be good.
I just need something that is decent
Haha any ideas? Or just impossible?
__________________
Amd Phenom ii 940 3.0 Stock cooler :( :( :(
XFX Geforce 260 Core 216
Antec 1200 with 600 watt Ocz Modxstream Pro
4 gigs DDR2 1066 RAM... 640 gig hard drive
Gigabyte Ud4P-MA790x
Whyfly?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #4
Daemon Poster
 
GibsonSGKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfly?? View Post
Haha yeah i know
But I'm happy with $50
I think I need to clear something up, haha I don't need an excellent mouse. Just something better then basic, lower then a "true" gaming mouse.
I have a regular Gateway stock mouse, I'm sure there's something for $50 that will be good.
I just need something that is decent
Haha any ideas? Or just impossible?
Haha, oh, ok then, we can certainly find you something then XD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104178

Awesome mouse for the price, great for gaming. And, it's right in your price range
__________________
C2Q Q9400 @ 3.2GHZ | Zalman 9900 LED HeatSink | Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard | CM Storm Scout case | 1TB Caviar Black HDD | GTX760 4GB | 23" Acer [1920x1080] & 21.6" Asus [1920x1080] monitors
GibsonSGKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 08:18 PM   #5
Daemon Poster
 
Whyfly??'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 976
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonSGKing View Post
Haha, oh, ok then, we can certainly find you something then XD

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16826104178

Awesome mouse for the price, great for gaming. And, it's right in your price range
I was looking at that, I'm gonna get it
Thanks man still open to suggestions though
__________________
Amd Phenom ii 940 3.0 Stock cooler :( :( :(
XFX Geforce 260 Core 216
Antec 1200 with 600 watt Ocz Modxstream Pro
4 gigs DDR2 1066 RAM... 640 gig hard drive
Gigabyte Ud4P-MA790x
Whyfly?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
Daemon Poster
 
GibsonSGKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyfly?? View Post
I was looking at that, I'm gonna get it
Thanks man still open to suggestions though
No problem. If you don't need the DPI, I guess you could go with a cheaper mouse, but it's gonna be hard to find one as nice and ergonomic.


As for keyboards, I highly recommend the illuminated Merc gaming keyboard, Saitek's, and the almighty IBM Model M2

The Logitech G11 and G15's are also excellent choices.
__________________
C2Q Q9400 @ 3.2GHZ | Zalman 9900 LED HeatSink | Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard | CM Storm Scout case | 1TB Caviar Black HDD | GTX760 4GB | 23" Acer [1920x1080] & 21.6" Asus [1920x1080] monitors
GibsonSGKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:21 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
wol-va-rine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,104
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonSGKing
No problem. If you don't need the DPI, I guess you could go with a cheaper mouse, but it's gonna be hard to find one as nice and ergonomic.


As for keyboards, I highly recommend the illuminated Merc gaming keyboard, Saitek's, and the almighty IBM Model M2

The Logitech G11 and G15's are also excellent choices.
the MX518 is an awesome mouse, you won't find many (if any) detractors anywhere...
__________________
MY INTARDNET BEAST ■ Antec 300 ■ Q6600 B3, 2.8GHz @ 1.325v ■ MSI X48C Platinum ■ Kingwin XT-1264 ■ Visiontek HD 4870 512MB ■ 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 @ 1400MHz ■ WD Raptor (160GB) ■ Western Digital (250GB) ■ Samsung (640GB) ■ Seagate (500GB) ■ WD Caviar Green (1TB) ■ OCZ ProXStream 1kw ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ■ JVC HA RX900 ■

ME ■ I am bald and my head is lumpy...fear me ■
wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:10 PM   #8
Daemon Poster
 
Legodude522's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,303
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

I had the Logitech G7 laser mouse. It's worked great apart from the fact that both batteries are no longer holding a charge. I'm currently using a wired Microsoft mouse.

I also have the Logitech G15 keyboard, that's just amazing to use!
__________________
PC: Intel i7 4790K, 16gb RAM, MSI R7 250 2gb
Phone: Apple iPhone 6s 64gb
Handheld Games: Nintendo 3DS XL, Tapwave Zodiac 2, GamePark Holdings GP2X F100
Legodude522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:20 PM   #9
Daemon Poster
 
GibsonSGKing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,384
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wol-va-rine;1****19
the MX518 is an awesome mouse, you won't find many (if any) detractors anywhere...
Isn't the MX518 almost identical to the G5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legodude522;1****40

I also have the Logitech G15 keyboard, that's just amazing to use!
They are, I would have one if they weren't so stinking big
__________________
C2Q Q9400 @ 3.2GHZ | Zalman 9900 LED HeatSink | Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard | CM Storm Scout case | 1TB Caviar Black HDD | GTX760 4GB | 23" Acer [1920x1080] & 21.6" Asus [1920x1080] monitors
GibsonSGKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 04:44 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
wol-va-rine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,104
Default Re: Looking for a mouse :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GibsonSGKing View Post
Isn't the MX518 almost identical to the G5?


They are, I would have one if they weren't so stinking big
I think the G5 may be a bit bigger, but I'm not sure...

I had to modify my computer desk when I got my G15, it was too wide for the keyboard tray...

__________________

__________________
MY INTARDNET BEAST ■ Antec 300 ■ Q6600 B3, 2.8GHz @ 1.325v ■ MSI X48C Platinum ■ Kingwin XT-1264 ■ Visiontek HD 4870 512MB ■ 4x1GB Transcend aXeRam DDR3-1800 @ 1400MHz ■ WD Raptor (160GB) ■ Western Digital (250GB) ■ Samsung (640GB) ■ Seagate (500GB) ■ WD Caviar Green (1TB) ■ OCZ ProXStream 1kw ■ Sound Blaster X-Fi Platinum ■ JVC HA RX900 ■

ME ■ I am bald and my head is lumpy...fear me ■
wol-va-rine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:11 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0