Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-21-2006, 01:40 PM   #1
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid
Default Looking for a headset

Im looking for a headset for when I play games online. I want one where I can have the voices come through the speaker in the headphones. Is this possible? Right now I uses a really crappy mic that dosent even go on your head(I taped it to my xbox live headset though ). The problem is right now as I can never hear people that are in my vent or teamspeak server over the game, then I have to go mess with the sound and crap.

So basically I want to have a headset that I can use to talk to and hear people through but I want to still be able to use my 5.1 speakers. Im starting to think that this isnt even possible. If anyone knows somthing that would work please tell me.

AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:42 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Send a message via ICQ to ^Mike^ Send a message via AIM to ^Mike^ Send a message via MSN to ^Mike^ Send a message via Yahoo to ^Mike^
Default Re: Looking for a headset

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Amish Kid
Im looking for a headset for when I play games online. I want one where I can have the voices come through the speaker in the headphones. Is this possible? Right now I uses a really crappy mic that dosent even go on your head(I taped it to my xbox live headset though ). The problem is right now as I can never hear people that are in my vent or teamspeak server over the game, then I have to go mess with the sound and crap.

So basically I want to have a headset that I can use to talk to and hear people through but I want to still be able to use my 5.1 speakers. Im starting to think that this isnt even possible. If anyone knows somthing that would work please tell me.
could you get another soundcard (or if you have an onboard one) and plug a headset into it then also have ur speakers plugged in to ur other good soundcard.

^Mike^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 03:24 PM   #3
In Runtime

Just get an audio splitter (only a couple of quid) and plug it into one of the channels on your sound card. Plug the speaker into one and the headset into the other end of the splitter. (One of these things: http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/93/48/09_1_b.JPG )

I use a similar thing to simulate surround sound, just by having two lots of speakers connected to my computer.

Good luck.
jamieoliver22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 05:04 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to The Amish Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieoliver22
Just get an audio splitter (only a couple of quid) and plug it into one of the channels on your sound card. Plug the speaker into one and the headset into the other end of the splitter. (One of these things: http://i14.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/93/48/09_1_b.JPG )

I use a similar thing to simulate surround sound, just by having two lots of speakers connected to my computer.

Good luck.
Cool, I didnt think of that. Now is there a certain program you have to use or how would I make the sound from teamspeak or ventrillo come out of the headset?
AMD Opteron 165 CCBWE 0551@ 2.25ghz(250 x 9) 1.45v cooled w/ Thermaltake Big Typhoon | DFI LP Ultra D | eVGA 7800GT@ 465/1110 | Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeMusic | 2GB G. Skill DDR 500 @ 250mhz 3-4-4-8 | 80 GB SATA + 40GB SATA + 200GB IDE| 480w Thermaltake Silent purepower | Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case (Black) | Windows XP Pro |
The Amish Kid is offline   Reply With Quote