Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-15-2007, 03:18 PM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to trance-n-e
Default Looking for a good mouse

Hey so anyways, im looking for a new mouse for gaming. I was looking at the Logitech G5, but the store I get things from is out of stock on that one. The G7 is a possibility, but I heard that wireless mouses can have latency issues.

I also found this nice (or so it seems) Microsoft mouse. Im not a big fan for Microsoft when it comes to mouses and keyboards, but it doesnt look too bad. Its the Microsoft Habu™ Laser Gaming Mouse http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.p...ctID=9799&SID=

Or is there another mouse I missed? This is pretty much all I have access to: http://www.memoryexpress.com/index.p..._menu=161&SID=

Rig: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, OCZ DDR2 PC5400 2GB RAM, eVGA GeForce 7600 GT KO, Seagate 320GB SATAII 7200.10 Hardrive, Aspire X-Cruiser Case, Antec TruePower 2.0 12V PSU, ViewSonic 19" LCD, Windows Vista
trance-n-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Looking for a good mouse

I find the best thing to do is to test a few different ones. Go to your friends house if he has one that you might want to get, or then just go to a local store and see if you can try some of theirs. Just to make sure it feels good in your hand. That's the most important thing.

And wireless ones are ok, the technology is so much better than what it was when they first came out. Though I'd still go with a wired one, I don't mind the wire being there so there really isn't a need to go wireless.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to MooseMan

I have the G7. I think it is one of the best wireless mice I have ever laid my eyes and hands on. The only problem is if you have a lot of wireless network activity going on the 2.4GHz frequency can get entertwined with the network and cause pointer jumps and such. If you don't use wireless for internet a lot though then it is frekin sweet.
Old 08-15-2007, 06:18 PM   #4
In Runtime

Well I found a place that has the Logitech G5. The only problem is, that its the old version of it, the one with only one side buttons instead of two which the new blue one has. Should I still get it?

And I use wireless for my internet all the time, its the only way I get internet on this computer. So im guessing the G7 wont be needed. Besides, i dont wana spend an extra 30 bucks just for it being wireless, im fine with a wire being there.

And any comments on that Microsoft Habu?
Rig: AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+, OCZ DDR2 PC5400 2GB RAM, eVGA GeForce 7600 GT KO, Seagate 320GB SATAII 7200.10 Hardrive, Aspire X-Cruiser Case, Antec TruePower 2.0 12V PSU, ViewSonic 19" LCD, Windows Vista
Old 08-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

i would nvr get a wireless mouse. i have to change batteries. for me any old laser mouse does fine. i find the regular ones btr than he ones that look like a micro computer.
spywarebanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 06:38 PM   #6
Omnipotent One

Send a message via AIM to Atomic Rooster Send a message via Yahoo to Atomic Rooster

The Microsoft Habu looks to be a very nice mouse as it's produced in partnership with Razer. We have a Razer Copperhead and it's a great mouse for gaming.

Computer Geeks has the Logitech G5 Battlefield 2142 Special Edition for $34.99.
Atomic Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2007, 01:35 AM   #7
In Runtime

Hmm well im thinking of going with the Habu. Mostly cause it seems to be as good as the G5 (except for the weight things which ill never use anyways), but more importantly cause everyone these days has the G5, and i wana be original lol. Plus I dont wana go all the way to the other end of the city for the G5
Old 08-16-2007, 01:58 AM   #8
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

the Habu doesn't look too bad. But I never liked razer mice that much, so if it was up to me I'd stick with logitech. But as I said, the only good way to know is to test the mouse by yourself.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:58 AM   #9
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

I prefer to use my Razer Copperhead over the G5. I don't like the feel of the G5 and it's light right-click spring.
Old 08-16-2007, 10:03 AM   #10
Golden Master

I have the Razer Copperhead, it's great. From what I hear though, the G5 is also really good. It comes down to a personal preference really...