Looking for a DVD Tutorial on how to Open my Laptop

Lars

Beta member
I broke my power socket on my laptop after a nasty fall. I took my laptop to my local repair shop.
It was a shock to hear he wanted £150 for the repair, no way was i going to pay that. Not only that,
i have heard so many negative things about the repair shops where the repair doesn't last.
It seems forever i am looking for help on this issue. Does anyone know any good sources ?
I am ok on DIY and pretty good on soldering but i am stuck on opening the laptop without breaking it.
I heard that some people have made repair DVDs and ordered a few but there more or less PDF's
I am trying to find a proper DVD tutorial that is Video based and fully featured.
Does anyone know where i can get hold of one ? I don't mind any reasonable price.
I am not looking for a list or text based or PDF tutorial.

Basically what i am looking for is a proper hands on video walkthrough where i can see the basics of how to open

this thing.

Please please help.
Lars

Lars,
It is quite a job if you don't know what you are doing, it's on average a two hour job and if you get it wrong you
can be stuffed. it is definitely worth £150 but you should always ask for a warranty.
If you're willing to take on the job yourself might i recommend a DVD, i think it is what you are looking for. It's a
proper video of a guy opening up and showing tips on how to repair open up and repair the powerjack in great detail, i assume that's what your trying to repair, this guy also does that repair and very cheap including warranty. He only does UK jobs though. I have recommended him a few times and everyone i recommended seams happy so far. not sure what his email is but the website is www.powerjackrepair.com you can find the DVD there.
Hope that helps you Lars.

i woudlnt reccomend doing this if you are not experienced.. i have taken my laptop apart and re-soldered the power supply connector, but it took an hour or so to take it apart, and if you are not experienced at taking kit apart, i would reccomend you dont try it.. yes, the repair is a rip off.. but how much was the laptop? and how much would a new laptop be?

I don't think you'll have much luck finding a DVD tutorial, theirs thousands upon thousands of laptops.

Ive worked on a handful of laptops, taking them apart is a total pain. I highly don't recommend getting someone else to do this for you.

Back
Top Bottom