Looking to build a gaming computer

if you live by a microcenter ditch the E4700 and get this...

E8400 for $150

also, you can get an 8800GT in the build for $110 shipped...

$129 8800GT, then enter this code at checkout for another $20 off...VGA72320

$270 for an E8400 and an 8800GT if you live in the right area and have a microcenter near you, that's a damn good start to a gaming computer, the card isn't that great of a deal though, just to let you know, even though it's a dual slot cooler, the temps are getting pretty bad reviews on forums while the Newegg reviews don't seem to mention much of a problem, and the AR series eVGAs only have a 1 year warranty instead of lifetime...

will it hurt to get the 4850 tho? just incase i build another in the future, it would be nice to have a good graphics card ahead of time.

By that time, there will be better cards available for cheaper, better to not waste your money now.

will 450 watt psu be fine with amdx2 5000+ or no?
also which fan should i get? (off of tiger direct)

the 450 watt psu comes with the case, but can i remove it if i want to replace a better wattage if needed?

will 450 watt psu be fine with amdx2 5000+ or no?
also which fan should i get? (off of tiger direct)

the 450 watt psu comes with the case, but can i remove it if i want to replace a better wattage if needed?

it depends on how much you have on the +12v rails, anywhere close to 26a on that rail is sufficient for any of the cards mentioned thus far...

also, check out the post I'm about to put up and you could basically get 2GBs of free RAM after MIRs (and yeah, there's also a 4850 in the deal :p)...

Wait, what video card are you using again?
im prob gonna use hd4850 (can some1 tell me if it'll bottleneck on 1280x1024?) or 8800 gt, even if i dont need these great vid cards, i have enuff left over to purchase a good one.

it depends on how much you have on the +12v rails, anywhere close to 26a on that rail is sufficient for any of the cards mentioned thus far...

also, check out the post I'm about to put up and you could basically get 2GBs of free RAM after MIRs (and yeah, there's also a 4850 in the deal :p)...

ok thanks!

Back
Top Bottom