Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-05-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken
Default Lookig for some reccommendations on a keyboard

I got a Logitech g110 for Christmas. Wonderful keyboard, except like everything else Logitech makes that requires drivers, the software for it screwed up my system to the point I had to restore from a backup image (And here I am glad I keep two separate backup images at all times).

Luckily, I am able to get a replacement (thank you amazon's nice return policy), though I'm not really sure what else there currently is. I want a keyboard with back-lighting (color isn't too important as long as I can switch it on and off), media keys, and a USB hub on it. Macros/assignable keys would also be nice, but are not necessary. Even better would be something like the old IBM keyboard where the macro is recorded in the keyboard itself, instead of using software, but I don't think those exist anymore. Mechanical keys aren't necessary, but I think most of those are out of my price range anyways. <$80 would be ideal.

Old 01-05-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: Lookig for some reccommendations on a keyboard

i'v also had some problems with the new Logitech drivers that effected my system in a way where it became unstable.
i got it fixed and i installed some older drivers. that worked perfectly. try that.

BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:41 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Rubber314Chicken

Quote:
Originally Posted by EchoNatek View Post
i'v also had some problems with the new Logitech drivers that effected my system in a way where it became unstable.
i got it fixed and i installed some older drivers. that worked perfectly. try that.
Interesting. I'll make an image first to save myself pain haha. Is there a specific version, or just 'older'? I see 8.40 of the gaming software online, and my disk with the keyboard is version 3.03 of the g-series key profiler.
Old 01-05-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Fully Optimized

try that version on your desk. it's the driver/software version that adds the new layout that gave me the problems.
BikerEcho is offline   Reply With Quote