Lol i feel like an idiot asking this but here it goes...

Jebsistem

Beta member
O.K. serious gamer here just bought an Area-51 (very sweet) i now a few things but some thing i dont know what they are is...
(Specs)
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition
Chassis: Alienware® Full-Tower Case (480-Watt PS) - Conspiracy Blue
Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor w/ HT Technology 3.4GHz
Motherboard: Alienware® Motherboard with Intel® 875P Chipset
Memory: 1GB Alienware® Dual Channel High-Performance Low-Latency DDR SDRAM at 400MHz - 2 x 512MB
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 GT 256MB DDR3 w/Digital and S-Video Out
Video Optimizer: AlienAdrenaline: Video Performance Optimizer
Video Cooling: AlienIceâ„¢ Video Cooling System - Terra Green
System Drive: High Performance - Serial ATA - 80GB Seagate® Barracuda 7,200 RPM w/8MB Cache
Optical Drive One: NEC® ND-3500 16x Dual Layer DVD±R/W Recorder
Optical Drive Two: Lite-On 52x32x52x CD-RW Drive
Floppy Drive: 3.5" 1.44 MB Floppy Disk Drive - Black
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy® 2 ZS High Definition 7.1
Display One: ViewSonic E55 Black 15" CRT Monitor
Speakers: Logitech® X-530 5.1 70-Watt Speakers

O.K. to my understandings this had 800MHz Front sid bus (What exactly is that and what does it do?)
Also the 1MB cache on the processor, and the 8MB cache on the Hard Drive? (this also isnt not RAID)

Good Questions.

The FSB as I have come to understand it is basically this:
FSB- Stands for Front Side Bus, which denotes the speed at which your processor interacts with the components on the motherboard. Typically the FSB is 100Mhz or 133Mhz, but overclockers often manipulate this value to increase the speed at which their processor runs. i.e. 100Mhz FSB X 13.0 clock multiplier = 1.3GHz processor

Did you already get the Alienware? If not, cancel it immediatly!! I have a much better company, and if you only want Alienware, then at least get an Aurora system, since Intel suks big time....

The cache is the small data area in which a processor keeps future commands and demands. In otherwords, the Processor or hardrive has a cache to speed it up since the cache allows for a quick data retrieval (much faster then RAM or hardrive storage)

ha!!!

look at this marketing hype from alienware!!

he exclusive Alienware® ALX performance network cable insures the best possible connection to your network.

REGULAR CAT 5e NETWORK CABLE!!! DUH!!! whats next is your brand of screws fo your case any better than ones I pick up from Lowe's????

also... they dotn amke thier mobos... foxxconn does and they are the same ones in dell and HP pcs!!! someone told me that used to work there!

also those systems are using very old technology and thier "gamer" systems start at 4,000 bucks.. yah if imj gonna spend that much on a system id build my own and make it much better than thiers... all they do is jack up teh pricce about 200% or more and say that its "high performance this and that with mx xp dynamic whatever" technology when they are standard industry average components.

please don't tell em you've fallen for one of the most hyped up PC companies ever made!

and thier site is also a joke and its got soem of dells code in it for ordering system... also ordering a pc there ill bet will take a half an hour or more going thought all the junk htey thow at you... too much crap to read and not enough customization and organization. that site is loads of uneccicary business that drives people nuts! and to boot!! takes long to load on my 3meg cable connection and thier traceroutes time out. hosted with bellsouth shared server.

lol NP!

EDIT>>> NP means No Problem, if you dont understand IM language.

*takes gun out and blows up Alienware using charged particle cannon!!* MUHAHA!!! DIE BIATCHES!!! Weeeeeeeeee!! BOOOOM!

Ok, now that Alienware is gone, we have the best companies widdled down. Oh, BTW, check out this setup!!! It is a newer company, but they have great ratings, and this system is cheap for an SLi!!!!

http://www.viciouspc.com/product/config_commandosli.html

MUHAHA! This system pwns! I am seriously thinking about ordering two for my siblings (younger brother and same age sister!!) My Dad might order one, but he is getting this one:

http://www.falcon-nw.com/config/build.asp

NOTE- He is a FalconNW junkie.... I can't convince him otherwise. But FNW is an awesome company (pricey though...)

Back
Top Bottom