Logitech Z-5300e vs Logitech Z-5500

If you're not an audiophile get teh 5300e's otherwise the 5500 is like pro

I wonder if Logitech has any plans on releasing the successor to the Z-5500? It's been around for a long time already. Im looking into getting something newer and better.

I Have The 5300's And Are Enough To Make The Neighbors Complain. But If You Plan On Shattering Glass, I Would Go With The 5500's.

Shattering glass is a bit extreme :p

At full bass on listenable volumes, on something like Trance Music (the loudest bangs), it doesn't shake, but if you live on a top floor, it travels down very well.
You better hope you have a good floor in that case, because with mine, most of the Z-5500's bass goes through the floor and not where I want it, up with me.

As you turn up the volume though to settings that you wouldn't every day listen to music at, you start to feel the bass, but thats after the half way mark, with Windows set to middle bass, and middle treble (Any higher and its too powerful on the bass side, even with only 3 notches on the control panel)

How do you have your subwoofer positioned? I have the "hole" facing the wall to allow the sound to travel. The Z-5500 can handle any kind of sound quite nicely. The X-540 5.1 are ok, but the sound muffles a bit and the sub maxes out easily. With the Z-5500, you don't get that kind of effect at all. It's unlimited sound and you can crank it up to the max and it will still sound good. The speakers can handle a lot of punishement.

I have the back facing the wall just because it's in my basement and I don't want the ugly heatsink and cords showing.

Alright well see I just started a new job where I get paid 1500 a week so I am planning my new computer for after christmas (gotta pay my 12000 debt first). But I do live in an apartment on top floor right now and moving to a house in spring time. So I am thinking about the Z-5500's now because my house is going to have a lot of land around it with no neighbours directly beside us. But I was also just going to get a huge sound system and would probably be listening to most my music on that. So pretty much the main thing I need it for is computer gaming. So with the 5500's do they have better sound so you can hear when people are coming behind you and how far shots are being fired? Or would they both have that.

What it comes down to is if you think you need the sheer power of the Z-5500s. The other ones will still be good, but if you want to crank up the volume, they won't be able to match the Z-5500s.

To make any difference what-so-ever you have to have a major high end sound card.

If you don't, then forget it.

If you do, even then, sound quaility out of both will still be amazing. However one gets louder then the other.

So this is what it comes down too.

Is the extra money worth loudness?

Back
Top Bottom