Logitech Quickcam Pro 4000 problems

blacktop89

Baseband Member
Ok, so I'll explain the problem and then all the things I have tried.

Problem: 2 people have the Quickcam Pro 4000's. We'll call the two people John and Jane to make it easy!!! :) They are connecting by AIM to video chat. John can see and hear Jane. Jane can see John but not hear him.

Solutions I've tried: 1) checked all the volume levels on Jane's PC
2) reinstalled QuickCam software on Jane's PC
3) checked sound options in AIM

All sounds on Jane's PC work (ex: windows media player, windows startup sounds, IE, etc). You can even hear the buddies on AIM login/logoff.

So my question is, why can't Jane here John? Thanks for your help!

yeah, we've tested the mics. they are built into the camera. you can make recording on the pc's. all of this worked when they were first hooked up. these problems started happening just recently. no changes have been made to any of the pc's.

Jane has a son with the quickcam pro also. we tried with his and Jane is having the same exact problems.

the mic works with other applications. you can also go through logitech's audio/video tuning wizard for the webcam and when your tuning the audio for the mic, the mic levels fluctuate when talking.

by the way, one pc is running xp pro, the other is running xp home. both are updated with windows updates.

Back
Top Bottom