Logitech 5300e Subwoofer in car

BobbyDRZA

Baseband Member
I just bought A Logitech 5300 speaker set and I was wondering would it be possible to hook the subwoofer up in the trunk of the car and how would I go about doing this?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

No I don't think you could since the car would use an analog interface and not a digital one like the speakers would work with,

plus I don't think the sub would work on its own without the other speakers, because you'd need a way of connecting the analog cables of the cars system to the sub to get the signal to the sub to start the rumbling.

ALOT OF POWER

The sub would also need alot of power and so would need plugging into a plug socket which the car wouldn't be able to provide.

DEFINITION

By analog by the way I mean those speaker systems where a wire goes in that you put in plus and minus positions.
and by digital, I mean those proper plug up ones like on PC's which is what the speaker system is built for.

I'm sorry about that, and so you'll just have to buy a dedicated analog sub which can be used in a car system.

EDIT: If there was a way of it getting as much power as it needs in a car (though I don't think it has a option for that, and would drain alot from the car) then I guess you could use a digital player with it, and not your car stereo system, though this is taking away the point, and I don't think this is possible anyway...

Back
Top Bottom