Log Off Problems

SarCaustic

Beta member
Hi,
This is the first time I've written into anything like this so bear with me while I get used to it. I've got what I hope is a simple problem with my computer: whenever I try to log off or shut down it just resets, without going through the normal shut down procedures. It doesnt do this, if I shutdown all programs and wait 5 minutes before logging off or shutting down. The tech specs are (just in case)
Intel Pentium IV with HT technology (3.2 GHz)
1024 MB DDR RAM
250GB Hard Disk
256mb NVidia GeForce6200 TurboCache
asus-PG5GD1-FM Motherboard
Microsoft WinXP Home edition Operating system
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks
SarCaustic

i don't know what that could be!!
look through your bios and see if any settings look wrong.
woz

Hmm, it seems like a program doesn't want to be shut down, and when forced straight away, seems to crash the PC.

Could you possibly get a screen shot of the Windows Task Manager by pressing Control Alt Delete, of the programs, and processes section?

It might bring to light what program could be causing it. Hopefully anyway.

Well ... something is definately disrupting the shutdown process, stopping it, such as a program as kage said or it could may even be a process which will not terminate ...

Yeah, maybe images will help. I've asked for programs and processes, so we may find the culprit...somehow anyway :p

I've saved a screenshot, of the task manager showing the processes, but (forgive my ignorance) I have abolutely no idea how to post it here!

Well, you'll have to use an image hosting service.

Theres this free one called photobucket which most of us use, and only takes a short form to get full access to its service and your own space:

http://www.photobucket.com/

Back
Top Bottom