Log On

Captain Pooka

Daemon Poster
So I got my teachers laptop to fix. I turned it on... it's not the hdd. It has a 40gb hdd for future reference. AMD 1.8ghz processor, and a gig of ram.

HP Pavilion ze4400.

So, back to the story. I turned it on in class.. it loaded just fine, even though it took about 45 seconds for the loading bar to go across (bootvis will take care of it..) then it got to the log on screen. I clicked his logon, waited about 30 seconds and it said something like, the user could not be found.. or something.. I forgot (I was assuming it would do it again the second time I turned it on). I turned it on, right now in fact, and it logged on, everything worked great.. slow.. but great. I'm about to restart it. The only thing I did different this time was

The first time I turned it on, clicked the name, got the error
Second time I logged on, instead of clicking the name did ctrl alt del. and it brought up a prompt for the name and pass, the name set already, no pass, but I pressed OK anyways and it worked.. maybe that's why? I'll try again the other way.

I'm wondering why it's going so slow. He's only using about 15gbs of his 40gb hdd..

I have a wireless card on the laptop I fixed and got to keep at home, I am about to download avg and see if there is anything on there effecting it...

Any Ideas?

Update will come shortly.

Msconfig took a long time to start up
Relog on, works both ways.

Faster this time.. seems like the problems are unpiling them selfs.. kind of the opposite of a pmd. Of course, I did stop alot on msconfig before restarting it. I mean alot lol.

Just running around on his computer is still slow though.

:eek: Oops I was doing something else at the same time:D Ive put the correct link up now:)

Oh, I figured you meant to put a google dummy for ccleaner :D

Ok, got the laptop home. I thought I would switch the hdd out and see if Mine ran any faster.. :) Well, when I plug it in, I get, NTLDR Missing, Press any key to restart.

Well, I don't know what's up. I have my hdd partitioned, OS/Storage. Can I change something to make it work? And how do I see if it is IDE again? It doesn't say if it is on the drive.. It's a couple of years old though.. so I would think it would be IDE anyways...

Back
Top Bottom