locking files

manlyman16

Beta member
Hey guys, I just signed up for this thread and I searched for this question but i didn't find anything so I hope you can help me. Is there any way to "lock" a folder so that nothing new can be added to it. For example, could I lock my recent folder so that nothing could be added to it. Any help would be great guy, thanks.
-Larry

You and only you can add to it,unless more than you are useing this PC.
Is that your concern ? I really don't see in my experience that this can be a problem.
What can you add ?

Yes, I know that only I use my pc, but, files can still be created without my being prompted. The recent folder does this, so does the temporary internet files folder. Word sometimes does dumb stuff to where it adds a document without me saving it to a folder. Anyways, I'm just wondering if it can be done because I think it would be handy to know.

manlyman16 said:
Yes, I know that only I use my pc, but, files can still be created without my being prompted. The recent folder does this, so does the temporary internet files folder. Word sometimes does dumb stuff to where it adds a document without me saving it to a folder. Anyways, I'm just wondering if it can be done because I think it would be handy to know.

Of course,Windows thinks it's doing you a favor with this.
You just have to deal with it.
You have to learn how to delete these files,sorry i can't use attachments,send me an email and we'll get it done.

Yes it can be done.

manlyman16 said:
Hey guys, I just signed up for this thread and I searched for this question but i didn't find anything so I hope you can help me. Is there any way to "lock" a folder so that nothing new can be added to it. For example, could I lock my recent folder so that nothing could be added to it. Any help would be great guy, thanks.
-Larry
If recent is really such a big worry.Dont open it again,right click it,select propertys and select read-only and hidden.Mine is empty.
;)
:D

Back
Top Bottom