Locked Up?

xDieox

Solid State Member
ok so sometimes when im on my computer my mouse and key board willl just like lock up. like if i am typing something it will type what i was typing and read my key strokes but they go really slow like its laggin but its not and my mough i can move but when i click or use the scroll bar my comp makes a beeping noise. like it beeps when i click down and when i release a mouse button. any idea what this could be from?

just go to devise manager by right clicking my computer / scroll down to manage.

now find your mouse and keyboard / them right click properties on each and un-install the driver for each one. then just reboot.

yeah mr mixx idea is great bout device manager

but also what are your specs ?

if its really old and you have not defragged in a while might have spyware virus etc then maybe the computer cant handle it ?? not very likely but worth a thought

also a new thing i have noticed when my comp runs really slow i CTRL ALT DELETE look under processes and there is usually a SVCHOST thats taking like 130MB of my RAM i end process and everything is normal

Have a look at how much ram you have and how much you are using as insufficient ram would cause lagging, try this program http://www.ccleaner.com/ how much hdd are you using, are you storing big files on you computer like movies as this might slow it down, also check what programs you have running in the background one or two etc could be conflicting, not sure if this has out to do with it but is your screen refresh rate set correctly,

hmm no i dont think its ram issue i havent been running anything new lately and my computer specs are well enought to handle it. but it just started happening like a month ago could it maybe be a heat issue? and the mouse and keyboard are a logiteck wireless ones. ive had them for almost likr a year now or a lil less.

How new are the batteries in your mouse and keyboard? Have you tried changing them?

hmm idk i dont think its the batteries but ill try that and im runnign a defrag and a virus and spyware scan right now to see if thats the problem.

maybe you haven't got the correct graphic drivers i had that problem after i installed xp again and when i would scroll it would lag then it would take like 10 seconds for it to go fast again try updating or installing your graphics card drivers if there not installed

ok ill try that. but did your comp make a beeping noise when u tried to use the mouse when it would be lagging?

Back
Top Bottom