Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-09-2009, 01:35 AM   #1
In Runtime

Default Locked folder?

Hey guys I have this folder on my storage drive that I put I video file in I was making for my gf's bday (dont ask lol, im poor) its an out of the way folder I knew she would never get into. I did this when I just reformatted my HDD now after installing all my programs/updates I went back to the storage drive to work on it some more and now it says "*path* is not accessible access is denied."

I dunno how it got locked like that. I have tried booting in safe mode under my account and admin account and its still locked.

Old 01-09-2009, 01:43 AM   #2
Jk
In Runtime

Default Re: Locked folder?

I would ask if anything else is using that folder but I don't think that is your problem since you tried it in safe mode and it didn't work. My next guess would be the permissions are set wrong.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...rmissions.mspx

Check to make sure that your username has the proper permissions on that folder.

I miss my opty :c
Jk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 05:29 AM   #3
Fully Optimized

Download a program called "Unlocker" using the link below:
http://www.download.com/Unlocker/300...-10493998.html
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 01:26 PM   #4
In Runtime

Thanks Strasos unlocker worked. It was kind of a wierd process though lol.

I got to the first folder and tried unlocker said I couldn't do anything would you like to move on reboot, i said yes, reboot, and when Im back at windows the folder is on my desktop with the subfolder I put it in then it was just empty, tried to go into the original again and now I got to the sub folder and it was locked, so I moved that to desktop on reboot, rebooted and it was on my desktop just empty, tried to go into the original folder again now I made it to my file and it was, guess what, locked lol. And then unlocker could move it to the desktob and now i can open it whoo hoo.

lol thanks alot!
Old 01-09-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob94571 View Post
Thanks Strasos unlocker worked. It was kind of a wierd process though lol.

I got to the first folder and tried unlocker said I couldn't do anything would you like to move on reboot, i said yes, reboot, and when Im back at windows the folder is on my desktop with the subfolder I put it in then it was just empty, tried to go into the original again and now I got to the sub folder and it was locked, so I moved that to desktop on reboot, rebooted and it was on my desktop just empty, tried to go into the original folder again now I made it to my file and it was, guess what, locked lol. And then unlocker could move it to the desktob and now i can open it whoo hoo.

lol thanks alot!
No problem, I too use this program if I'm having trouble!
StratosP is offline   Reply With Quote