Loading recovery data to laptop hard drive

hingeback

Beta member
Hi
Hope I have posted in the correct place.

My laptop is broken and have managed to connect its hard drive to my Pc via an adapter and usb cable. I have managed to get my important financial details saved ( thank god ) but would like to format and reset hard drive using the recovery disk. Is it possible to do this whilst connected to the pc, if so how would you do it.
I am unable to do this via laptop as power connection is broken on the laptop.
I would prefer not have my financial details available when it is repaired under the warranty

Thank you in advance.

Hey! I was a bit confused by your post! lol How exactly is your laptop broken? And, how are you accessing it from your PC if it has no power? If you were able to save your financial stuff off your laptop, what is it you're trying to do- get the info off the laptop completely? If you wanted to just delete it, you could just wipe your HD..

Hi Shortgirl2

The laptops power input at back of laptop is broken therefore cannot power it up.
I took the hard drive out of the laptop and connected it to a sumvision 2.5 external box. The hard drive plugs into this and then you connect it to pc with usb cable. It interfaces with pc and is recognised as a local disk ie a memory card.

The problem with wiping the hd is that it will probably invalidate the warranty. If I am able wipe it and do the reset with the disks it wont be a prob.
Everything about my personal and company finances are on this drive including client accounts, ect. A lot of personal data which I am sorry I do not trust 100% letting tech kids having a look at, which they easily could.

Hope that makes sense.

Best wishes

Back
Top Bottom