OCZ Mod Xtreme modular 600w psu
Windows 7 Ultimate
XFX ATI RADEON 4890 1GB GDDR5
Corsair 4GB DDR3 Ram (Platenium Series)
Samsung Hard Drive 7200RPM 1TB

What my query is, is that sys B logs on slower than system A

System b logs on about 20-40 seconds
System A logs on instantly

Both machines are brand new not even a year old system a was born at christmas 2009 and system B was born 13th march 2010

Please help

Thanks you

Haha they were born?!?!

Anyway, chances are that system B has a lot more programs installed, and a more cluttered registry/fragmented HDD.

Things you can do to speed it up are:
-Uninstall any unneeded software
-Run malwarebytes to check for any viruses or malware
-Run Ccleaner to clean the registry
-Defragment the hard drive. You can use the program included with Windows, but I know there are some better ones out there.

Well acctually System B has hardly any programs at all
It has no photos
only 2 music tracks
and that is it no other big fancy software at all

hmm strange, maybe your born child doesnt like you :D could over heating be causing this? but definately try a scan and defrag like said above

I will indeed
I dont think it is overheating as I log in as soon as the computer starts obviously...but once I have logged in anyway It runs like a flying machine anyway but I am still dead dead curious what causes the slow login

System A has a lot more software and games on it than system B by the way...

Do you have the BIOS set the same in both PC's?

System B has Windows Ultimate which is a fat OS with a lot of extra BS. Its a good OS but it is still fat.

System A has 7 professional which is a very lean bussiness model OS.

How could I slimen the BIOS for my SYstem B (make it smaller)
I haven't changed any BIOS settings in the two systems apart from turning on the virtulization technology for no reason

Hard drive - That makes all the difference. Also anti-virus. Most have protection on the MBR so as to keep viruses from damaging one of the easiest parts to damage via virus. SeaGate is pretty much back on top with their products.

Your not making the BIOS smaller. Your making it load faster (optimizing it). Turning things off like the Splash logo. Setting the right boot order. Enabling Quick Boot, Etc. Turning off the I/O's your not ever going to use.

These are examples of things you could do. Your Mother board will be unique to your usage so I can not tell you exactly.

Just did a time test on two of my machines. Professional and ultimate have almost identical boot times disregard my statement from above.

Hard drive - That makes all the difference. Also anti-virus. Most have protection on the MBR so as to keep viruses from damaging one of the easiest parts to damage via virus. SeaGate is pretty much back on top with their products.

Was that supposed to be relevent to my query??

If so explain more and in detail please...thanks

I see...so if I do those things you say Disenchanter X then when I type my password into my PC on the windows welcome screen it should either log me in a lot faster or even instanly?

Back
Top Bottom