Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-08-2005, 10:44 PM   #1
BSOD

Default A little help..

I know some of you aren't going to help me because of my actions in the past, but I think that it's over. Anyway, on to the problem.

I bought a 2.4 GHZ CPU and put in the motherboard. I forgot to add heatsink to it and I could smell burning and quickly pulled the thing out. I felt it and was extremely hot. Possibly enough to possibly cause burns to the skin. I'm just wondering if the motherboard is ok and the CPU is just screwed up. The motherboard seemed to be fine. I tested the video card, and hard drive. The hard drive came up with the start windows normally/safe/safe with networking etc. Windows didn't boot but, I used the HDD on another machine that didn't have the same chip set. Probably the reason why it didn't.

EliteGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:17 PM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: A little help..

Seems that the CPU is burned up.

catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2005, 11:52 PM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

well the CPU is dead for sure and about the mobo u can't be sure unless u can test it with a working processor. All of the other parts should be fine since there prolly was no electric faults, only overheating.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 12:13 AM   #4
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to BigLu

I just have to say, bummer dude. That sucks. I say that in the nicest way. Like stated above, test the mobo out with another cpu, this time add the heatsink and fan. The hard drive, nor anything else should have been affected tho.
BigLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 06:07 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGamer
I know some of you aren't going to help me because of my actions in the past, but I think that it's over. Anyway, on to the problem. I bought a 2.4 GHZ CPU and put in the motherboard. I forgot to add heatsink to it and I could smell burning and quickly pulled the thing out. I felt it and was extremely hot. Possibly enough to possibly cause burns to the skin. I'm just wondering if the motherboard is ok and the CPU is just screwed up. The motherboard seemed to be fine. I tested the video card, and hard drive. The hard drive came up with the start windows normally/safe/safe with networking etc. Windows didn't boot but, I used the HDD on another machine that didn't have the same chip set. Probably the reason why it didn't.

You will not get any tea and sympathy from me... This could not have happened to a nicer person than you, I hope that you have learnt a lesson here, because what comes around, comes around and you got yours. A BIG thanks to the local Aboriginal Kadaitcha Man for pointing the bone at EliteGamer for me...
Old 09-09-2005, 06:27 PM   #6
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombat

You will not get any tea and sympathy from me... This could not have happened to a nicer person than you, I hope that you have learnt a lesson here, because what comes around, comes around and you got yours. A BIG thanks to the local Aboriginal Kadaitcha Man for pointing the bone at EliteGamer for me...
First of all, I don't have another CPU to test. That was the only one I had. Second of all wombat worships weird... men?
Old 09-09-2005, 07:16 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteGamer
First of all, I don't have another CPU to test. That was the only one I had. Second of all wombat worships weird... men?
For the ignorant amongst you, namely EliteGamer, a Kadaitcha Man is a Shaman or Witchdoctor. When he points the bone at a person he has placed a curse on them.

So enjoy your life of untold misfortunes EliteGamer, because everything that happens to you is a result of the Kadaitcha Man...
Old 09-09-2005, 07:43 PM   #8
BSOD

Err... ok. I'm won't comment on that weirdness. Also, you don't need to be nasty. It's over. I never targeted you. I hate setishock not you. I can get along with him, but really don't like him to much.