a little gaming Q..

AimHer3

In Runtime
Got ATI 4870 To My Knowledge I Should Be Smoking Most Games With Gfx And FPS an what have ya. well i play cod4 good fps nothing under 150. i play ET:QW nothing under 125. i play Return To Castle Wolfenstein A Game Thats Made In 2000...Cant Get Over 80 LOL with all the settings on low openGL game All My drivers are updated idk what it could be. something is making the game have terrible fps idk what it could be. any auggestions.

Vsync could be on, which limits the FPS to your monitor's refresh rate to stop "tearing".
Maybe it's just FRAPs not being able to keep up with the unbelievably high FPS numbers? :D
And if the game plays fine, does it really matter?

150FPS on COD4 is pretty good, AFAIK. The Untrained eye proberbly wont be able to notice the difference between 75 and 150FPS

150FPS on COD4 is pretty good, AFAIK. The Untrained eye proberbly wont be able to notice the difference between 75 and 150FPS

Eye's won't tell the difference between 75 and 150, even "trained" eyes.

Got ATI 4870 To My Knowledge I Should Be Smoking Most Games With Gfx And FPS an what have ya. well i play cod4 good fps nothing under 150. i play ET:QW nothing under 125. i play Return To Castle Wolfenstein A Game Thats Made In 2000...Cant Get Over 80 LOL with all the settings on low openGL game All My drivers are updated idk what it could be. something is making the game have terrible fps idk what it could be. any auggestions.

80fps isn't a problem. Some games just don't reach over certain FPS numbers, and RTCW doesn't perform as well on newer hardware as it would on some older hardware.

Eye's won't tell the difference between 75 and 150, even "trained" eyes.

80fps isn't a problem. Some games just don't reach over certain FPS numbers, and RTCW doesn't perform as well on newer hardware as it would on some older hardware.
I didn't think they could either... But i've heard other people here saying that they COULD... I guess no-matter how I put it, someone would disagree!

Edit: after a bit of looking around, I came accross this:

http://amo.net/NT/02-21-01FPS.html said:

The Human Eye and it's real capabilities - tahDA!
This is where this article gets even longer, but read on, please. I will explain to you how the Human Eye can perceive much past the mis conception of 30 FPS and well past 60 FPS, even surpassing 200 FPS.

well it matters in RTCW cuz i like to "trick Jump" and i need 333fps i used to get that on my 8800 gtx i surpassed that i was in the 1000fps it matters when ur jumping.

whats ur take on Enemy Territory should i get a decent FPS on that game?

i get 400+ fps in ET with a 8800gts 640mb on max settings u shouldnt have any problems.

Back
Top Bottom