LITE-ON SOHC 5232K Driver Issue Vista

AMDpwnz0r

In Runtime
Alright, not really sure what happened. Drive was working fine yesterday, then all a sudden today I put my GTA4 DVD in to play and it says there is no drive attached. So I turn the computer off, check all connections, restart, go into bios, sure enough the drive is being detected. I go into Window (Vista) and look under My Computer, it shows no drive attached. I go into the Device Manager and there is a Yellow Triangle on my CD Drive, saying

"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

All I have done to my computer since yesterday is turned up the Multiplier on my AMD Phenom 9950 X4 to 15 giving it a speed of 3.0Ghz (Stock 2.6ghz) Which is working well.

All connections are alright, drive is getting Power, just cannot use it. I have downloaded the driver directly from LITE-ON and when I try to install it says no drive can be found. According to Vista, the drivers are up to date.

I also put a completely different drive in to see if the one I had was messed up, but still the same problem

I don't know if its relevant or not but here are my computer specs

AMD Phenom 9950 Quad-Core @ 3.0Ghz

3GB Kingston RAM (pc2 4200)

160GB Seagate HDD

HIS 4870 1GB Gfx card

LITE-ON SOHC 5232K Drive

Vista x64 Ultimate

anyone?

Back
Top Bottom