List of Proposed Hardware

Hey guys did that link to the monitor look pretty good price wise?

Ok, I've been looking @ Mobos for a while now and I can't really decide on what to get. I can see some of the differences but what am I missing, why are some 2X as much when they both support DDR2, both have the same # of slots, I'm not sure but I have to be missing something here. Is it like a Toyota Camry vs. a Lexus? Both built by the same company but one has "better" quality and the extras?

Avery4jc said:
They are just so expensive...I don't think that I can sleep @ night knowing I spent $1000 on the processor.

What CPU are you looking at. $300(canadian) is all you need for a good CPU.

Dishdog said:
What CPU are you looking at. $300(canadian) is all you need for a good CPU.

This one...it may be an extreme example but the AMD's do seem pretty steep in the $$$ department.

AMD 64

Also guys can you look over post #12...I think because I posted two things back to back everyone looked over #12. I gave 3 links to the Mobo, Processor and RAM I found that went with the suggestions you guys gave me...so would they be ok? Also would that Mobo be fine with this Video Card?
Video Card

Thanks

As always forgot to ask a quesion in the last post...I noticed on Newegg that they have combo deals listed underneath the product. I was wondering if I have to add items to my cart in a special order or if it will figure out the lowest price with the items in my cart. For example if I buy a Video Card that has a combo deal price of $50 instead of $60 if I buy a specific monitor with it do I need to add the VC then the Monitor to take advantage of the $10 savings? Hope that made sense because those combos look like pretty good deals, my Monitor, VC, Tower, and a few other things off of my list of goodies have Combo Deals through Newegg.

No it won't recognize combos. as for the AMD that is extreme lol. all you need is a 3400.

As for post #12, it's a nice mobo and everything will work in it. the only problem i can see is it only has 1 ATA spot. the RAM i have never heard of that company before so i couldn't tell you if it is good or not. and the CPU will do you nicelly.

Call this dumb but why would only one ATA slot be a bad thing?

Regarding the combos...I'll have to select it in the right order then? That makes more sense anyways but I just wanted to check.

It really only matters if you are going to have a ATA HDD in your computer. if your planning to use an old HDD i this computer you won't be able too.

Oh, true...do you have suggestions on a Mobo that is comparable as far as being compatable with the processor, RAM, & VC that I've listed.

Dishdog said:
I like this one: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=1194276&sku=G452-2502

I don't know if you only want to order off newegg or not, it's .com so it's still in the US.

It's a very good transition board. it has plenty of IDE ports and SATA. it supports both DDR and DDR2. it has intergraded audio and 2 LAN ports. it's PCI-e x16 for your graphics. it has PCI-Ex1 ports which will replace PCI ports in the future.

This on still works.

Back
Top Bottom