Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-13-2005, 02:34 AM   #1
In Runtime

Send a message via AIM to Duzz Send a message via MSN to Duzz Send a message via Yahoo to Duzz
Default Liquid Cooling Mistakes?

Now right now im looking for the correct way to install a liquid cooling unit. I have one mind you but i had a mistake. Now i want to see if more people had mistakes and would post so i could avoid these types of mistakes.

I know for one im just going to run the hoses in my computer case and buy another case for the filling and pump and radiator. Im not going to have an accident like i just had... Anyone know of any tuts or can anyone just play tell me what i should watch out for to add to my knowledge bank, haveing this mistake is an exspensive one and i hate it.

Thanks.

Old 09-13-2005, 02:38 AM   #2
BSOD

Default Re: Liquid Cooling Mistakes?

First off, use DISTILLED WATER, that way, you run almost NO RISK of a leak causing damage. Secondly, install the system outside the computer and check for leaks with the system running. Then install it inside the case. THIRDLY, always check the system every 2 weeks for stability (pumps working, flow is good) and leaks (pipeline inserts etc). Hope this helps.

Opteronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:02 AM   #3
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Well u are right about there being less risks with distillated water but still there are risks. Okay electricity can't move throught water, it uses the dirt etc in the water to move around. So no electricity moving in distillated water, but if there is a leak, let's say the water gets on ur mobo. The mobo definately has some impurities in it which in contact move into the water. Then the water becomes impure and now electricity can move through it. So don't think that u can throw distillated water on the parts withour any risk of damage.
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 10:28 AM   #4
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Yeah, all you can really do is becareful, and make sure there are no leaks before attempting to put it into your case.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:53 AM   #5
BSOD

Opteronix, stop flinging around the information I gave you as if it were yours. According to you earlier, you said there was no risk associated with the conductivity of distilled water. Now you're softening up. At least give me some credit for helping you out a bit.

Anyway, back on topic, you just have to make sure there are no leaks first, like Kage said.
catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:17 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

^^we all spit back out what we have read on CF. if i would give credit for everytime i post something that i read someone else saying, almost every single post of mine i would have to give credit to someone.
GPU-MSI GeForce 6600 GT(PCI Express)~~Monitor Viewsonic VA902B 19" 8ms~~ ATI TV Wonder Pro (TV Tuner)
~~Still to come~~: eVGA e-GeForce 7800 GT
Dishdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:27 PM   #7
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank_fusion
Opteronix, stop flinging around the information I gave you as if it were yours. According to you earlier, you said there was no risk associated with the conductivity of distilled water. Now you're softening up. At least give me some credit for helping you out a bit.

Anyway, back on topic, you just have to make sure there are no leaks first, like Kage said.

HMM?? Where you talking again? Oh, pity....

Dust is not really conductive, and especially if you use dissociated basal distilled water (that is water that is slightly basic in pH) and a liquid cooling particle fluid, such as the Zalman blueICE Liquid.
Old 09-13-2005, 03:43 PM   #8
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dishdog
^^we all spit back out what we have read on CF. if i would give credit for everytime i post something that i read someone else saying, almost every single post of mine i would have to give credit to someone.
Sorry, Opteronix is just annoying me all over the forum lately. He was arguing with me in another thread about the conductivity of water, and while he disagrees with me there, he's agreeing with me here. It doesn't really make much sense. He isn't listening to me even when I post evidence and keeps arguing without backing his information with counterevidence, so I think I'm just going to ignore him. Ignorant people aren't my bag, baby.
catalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2005, 03:45 PM   #9
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by spank_fusion
Sorry, Opteronix is just annoying me all over the forum lately. He was arguing with me in another thread about the conductivity of water, and while he disagrees with me there, he's agreeing with me here. It doesn't really make much sense. He isn't listening to me even when I post evidence and keeps arguing without backing his information with counterevidence, so I think I'm just going to ignore him. Ignorant people aren't my bag, baby.
Oh yes, I am so ignorant.. with your super conductive .1Mo water right? HAHAHAHHH!!! Watch out, it might short out a 90nm circuit, which would lower efficiency by .4%!! AHH!!!
Old 09-13-2005, 03:48 PM   #10
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to mammikoura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opteronix
HMM?? Where you talking again? Oh, pity....

Dust is not really conductive, and especially if you use dissociated basal distilled water (that is water that is slightly basic in pH) and a liquid cooling particle fluid, such as the Zalman blueICE Liquid.
As I said u are right about the risks being smaller. But I still wouldn't throw ur water&cooling particle fluid combo to the insides of my pc.

So really the best way to be sure is to make sure that there are no leaks before u put all of ur parts in.

mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote