Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 04-21-2009, 11:17 AM   #11
Solid State Member

Default Re: Liquid Cooling help

no i dont have any UV lighting...i already have liquid cooling water in there....and i dont know what kind it is....i dont know if its either therltake or something else...but...im just saying if i go out and just buy something like this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106060 and mix it with the liquid water cooling i already it should be fine right...it wont mess up my liquid cooling or anything.....cause im running low on the liquid cooling water gel stuff

Klato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 02:28 PM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to Cabbs

I'd flush the loop with distilled water just to be safe. Actually, you'd be better off with distilled water and the PT Nuke I posted earlier and it would be cheaper.

Old 04-21-2009, 03:53 PM   #13
Beta Member

Your cpu definitely is NOT overheating at 40C

Here is an interesting article on water cooling: CLICK It is quite theoretic, but informative...
babalooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 04:44 PM   #14
Solid State Member

ok...well cabbs how would i flush it out???....cause mine is a side resivour.....and its build into my computer case...
Klato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #15
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
How many people get to say, "Dude, my case is as efficient as your water cooling is!"?

I know I do.
well that wouldnt really ever happen, water/liquid cooling will always be better than air, unless they made something really nice and new but it always will be at this point in life. Though i would never trust to put in my system, sorry but i rather not be throwing away a $554 GPU, $240 cpu, and a bunch of other expensive equipment into the trash.

I know leaks are not very likley but their is always a chance that it may happen
Techmaster05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by Techmaster05 View Post
well that wouldnt really ever happen, water/liquid cooling will always be better than air, unless they made something really nice and new but it always will be at this point in life. Though i would never trust to put in my system, sorry but i rather not be throwing away a $554 GPU, $240 cpu, and a bunch of other expensive equipment into the trash.

I know leaks are not very likley but their is always a chance that it may happen
You're kidding me, right? There are plenty of air coolers that stay in a few degrees range of liquid cooling.

2.13Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo-2GB DDR2 800 Mhz-500GB Western Digital Caviar Blue- Nvidia 9400M
rohan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2009, 05:35 PM   #17
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan23 View Post
You're kidding me, right? There are plenty of air coolers that stay in a few degrees range of liquid cooling.
You can't just generalize it all into something that small, especially when you start talking about heat loads and the many different configurations out there.

Sure, a 45nm dual-core CPU running stock clocks with a good cooler on top will rival liquid cooling loops just because the heat load is low. If you throw a 65nm overclocked quad-core CPU in there, I'm sure the gap will widen with a good waterblock and at least a 2x120MM radiator.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:50 PM   #18
Daemon Poster

Send a message via AIM to Techmaster05 Send a message via MSN to Techmaster05 Send a message via Yahoo to Techmaster05

nicley said cabbs
Old 04-21-2009, 05:52 PM   #19
Golden Master

Thanks. I'm not trying to crap on what Rohan said though. If you want liquid cooling to be worth it, you're gonna be looking at $200+ for the CPU alone. High end air > Low-end liquid.
Old 04-21-2009, 05:55 PM   #20
Daemon Poster

yes thats true but water cooling would be a bit better than air, especially for GPU's, its EXPENSIVE, especially for GPU waterblocks, but if your a very high overclocker, water cooling is the way to go. Plus its quite and doesnt way a ton like a Coolermaster V8 or V10, or even their V12, not sure if the 12 is out yet but its been announced.