Originally Posted by superman22x
I didnt try too hard, but the one thing I couldn't figure out in Linux, was how to install something... Maybe I'm stupid, but I couldnt figure it out...
lol, your not stupid. I didn't have much trouble, but I had a few questions myself.
There are five ways to install programs on Linux, specifically Ubuntu
1. Install programs with Add/Remove Programs.
2. Use Synaptic. The confusing thing with synaptic is it includes ALL packages. This means libraries, dev packages. If you know what program you want you can search for it in synaptic.
3. Use the command line with apt-get
4. Compile.....too hard. I rarely compile myself.
5. Install .deb packages. These are sort of like .exe files. http://www.getdeb.net
offers a lot of deb files. Just download them and double click.