Linux ISO

Thelis

Golden Master
Hey everybody. I just got hold of a mandriva-linux ISO, and I have no idea what to do next. I burnt it to a CD, but that did not work as an installation CD.

Anybody have any idea what I should do with the ISO? I want to boot it onto my computer.

-Thel

get a free version of cheetah burner, and when you select what you want to burn, select iso file, then select your file. You have to burn it in iso mode.

Huh? I am actually having a bit of a problem. Whenever I burn it, it doesn't become a bootable CD, just an image thing. Anybody have a solution?

I am Havening the same problem trying to burn Microsoft Office as an ISO to use it on my PC

All you really need to do is get a program like Nero, and burn the image (the image being the iso file) to a CD/DVD. From there, it will behave like it was meant to (Boot, Auto-execute, whatever)

yep, in nero there should be an option to burn images. (probably in any other burning software too, but I've always used nero) If you just copy the image to the disc it won't boot, you have to burn it so that it's designed to boot.

Easiest way to burn an image in nero, is to goto recorder > burn image, then select your image on the HDD and burn it, simple:)

Back
Top Bottom