Linux installation problems

browserjoe

In Runtime
"No root file system is defined.

Please correct this from the partitioning menu."

I tried partitioning 40GB of my 250 GB HD for Ubuntu, and this is happening...

Help CF?

i had that problem. you need to go back to the partition manager in the setup and set one of the options to "/" and make sure the format box is ticked. i cant remember exactly where you choose the "/" from but theres a long list once you create a new partition somewhere. im a linux noob so thats about all i can tell you :p

FUCK

i think i just owned myself...

i partitioned 40GB of HD space for UBuntu and now i think it deleted XP ...FUCK

and when the GRUB thing starts up, and it asks me what OS i wanna boot, XP ISNT THERE

its just says the ubuntu version, the same thing but (recovery) to the right of it, and memtest86+

and to make it worse when i try to log into linux i think im entering the worng username and pass... are usernames cap sensitive in linux???

AHHHHHHHHH

mine displays xp in the list. you may have deleted it then :O ... im not sure about being case sensitive (im guessing it is). worth a go with capitals

mine displays xp in the list. you may have deleted it then :O ... im not sure about being case sensitive (im guessing it is). worth a go with capitals

well, if i do get back into ubuntu, how can i find out if i really deleted windows then?

go to "places" and then computer. there should be an xp partition in there. on mine you can access it and see all the files. if not it may be merged back into one or may be empty

go to "places" and then computer. there should be an xp partition in there. on mine you can access it and see all the files. if not it may be merged back into one or may be empty

eh, forget it. i already uninstalled/reninstalled everything

i did get both XP and Ubuntu working tho.

Heh, I always use partition commander to resize my XP partition, make some free space. Then just install ubuntu to the free space. It sets up the dual boot on it's own from there.

So far i've gotten Half-life2, counter-strike source, ventrilo, hamachi, UT2k4, and some others working relatively well (though source games run like crap on wine.. got some work to do there..)

Yes well, I do things my own way. :p

On another note, I think I need a new sound card. Sound in games suck so badly in linux right now..

Back
Top Bottom