Linux = Hard

UK31337 said:
You can so, the OP is running GNOME.

Of course, he could fire up a Terminal and go into hardcore 1337 mode...
Ah, your right..
With KDE, it only requires one click to open a program in Ubuntu. :p

Yeah, I'm quite adapt to using the terminal.. its not intimidating as it once was.

Well, Linux most certainly is different than windows. It's quite the adjustment. However, I wouldn't necessarily say its hard. The terminal was fairly easy to learn, just memorization of the commands and syntax after all.

Of course I only know the basics... but it's exciting learning new things every day. New ways of doing old things, and new Free software. (one day I'll learn how to change and edit those source codes too. That way at least I'll be able to have fun on my linux box.) All software that I edited... that would be an accomplishment to me.

The greatest advantage of linux though, would probably be the ability to actually go out and find the files. With yum on my FC5 (even if it's a bit on the slow side) updates, and new software are easy to find, and easily installed. I hardly ever have to find software from 3rd party vendors. (even though I'm still trying to figure out how to work cinelerra...)

I also like the multiple workstations and the minimize everything button on my FC5. That's something I would have liked to see on windows. (If only the multiple workstations)

Back
Top Bottom