Linksys Router

What about updating firmware?
How would I do this?

Usually it's done through the web interface of the router. You download the latest firmware file from the manufacturer, open the web interface of the router by typing in it's local IP address into a web browser, find the firmware update area (usually under "Advanced", but you'll have to refer to your router's user manual to be certain), and browse to the firmware file you just downloaded. Once you have the firmware update utility pointed to the firmware file, run it and wait several minutes for it to complete. You may have to perform a hard reset after updating firmware. Read your user's manual thoroughly with regards to firmware updating before attempting as you could possibly brick your router.

Usually it's done through the web interface of the router. You download the latest firmware file from the manufacturer, open the web interface of the router by typing in it's local IP address into a web browser, find the firmware update area (usually under "Advanced", but you'll have to refer to your router's user manual to be certain), and browse to the firmware file you just downloaded. Once you have the firmware update utility pointed to the firmware file, run it and wait several minutes for it to complete. You may have to perform a hard reset after updating firmware. Read your user's manual thoroughly with regards to firmware updating before attempting as you could possibly brick your router.

I did try that but it said something about having to designate the destination folder!

---------------------------------------------
UPDATE!!!:
Ok so I installed new firmware and reset it, and well everything seems to be fine... FOR NOW.
I'm going to the store, and I'll run the test when I get back, if the speed doesn't drop, I guess it worked. If it drops I'll just buy a new router, unless you guys have some more ideas?

Back
Top Bottom