Link free antivirus programs please!!!

BlindBusDriver

Baseband Member
I have a virus on my computer that was detected by window's as a keylogger and it makes my firefox crash like crazy...

Ive ran AVG, Spyware S & D, and Adaware SE and none of them can pick up that anything is present on my computer. When i initially got the virus AVG picked it up I hit to quarenteen or heal it (dont remember) and my computer shut down and restarted :(

Ill post up ss's of whats going on if simple antivirus programs don't work but hopefully some other program will put this program to shame.

Ty in advance for any links :D

If you must use free software:

Avast antivirus will be your first choice for security

Secondly, you can use active online scanners to check for viruses and malware at:

Housecall by TrendMicro

Online PandaScan by Panda Security

You can get to each of these by googling the names I gave to you.

There is a reason that companies like AVG, Avast, TrendMicro, and Panda offer a paid version. Namely one big reason is each of these companies offer free technical support for removal of viruses when you pay the $39.99 or $49.99 for their software. Not too bad for the money.

:D thank you for the links.

Id love to be able to pay for a antivirus program, but im a 19 year old kid paying my way though college. I fit the very poor sterotype and for the time being I have to stick with the frees.

Ill run those programs and see what happens then get back to ya.

In that case, check with your college, most campuses offer students a licensed copy of antivirus.

In addition, who is your ISP?

:p my college does offer IT help but they dont give out free copies of antivirus programs... My buddy got a huge load of virus's and took his laptop to campus to have it cleaned and they charged him $100 for the services and programs. Its only free if you live on campus i believe kuz i girl i know who lives in the dorms recieved the programs and service free when we had a large virus outbreak in the dorms last semester.

If i cant get the virus off myself ill look into the campus services futher for sure.

Isp = Cincinnati Bell Zoomtown?

I installed Avast! and restared.... then it scanned for about 30 mins before it would allow the os to boot and found nothing.... ive still got the keylogger :\

It started a auto scan once the os booted but is going alarmingly slow...
580 files scanned in just over 6 mins, why is that?

Are you positive someone didn't install a key logger on purpose? They are damn near impossible to find if you install them correctly.

When you ran S&D did it find anything at all? Sometimes S&D will remove key reporting components that will render it useless.

Back
Top Bottom