Link to DooM 3 petition (All DooMers must See)

RAFDOG

In Runtime
All DooMers out there
there is a movie coming out of our game and the stuff there doing to it is terrible let me show u

As a result of the recent events surrounding the Doom movie, MegaGames has been informed of an online petition designed to bring awareness to the producers of the DooM Movie that the DooM community is not at all happy with the supposed changes. In that respect, the letter by Dave Callaham, DooM movie scriptwriter, published yesterday served more as a confirmation of those changes rather than as any form of an attempt to appease fans.

The petition has already managed to gather almost 2000 signatures and fans seem to be determined to do whatever is possible to get their message through. If you wish to sign or view the petition follow the download tab above. For those of you who are not certain about what all the noise is about, below is a list of possible DooM movie changes as listed by the petition.

a)Taking place on an unknown planet. (ie: No Mars) What was so hard about the location of this movie? Doom takes place on Mars, yet the movie does not. As far as movie sets go, one planet looks the same as the other, so there's simply no excuse to leave this out.

b) Having nothing to do with Hell, instead having the monsters and zombies origin being the result of a virus. This completely undermines the point of the game entirely, the Doom pivotal plot point is that Hell invades, without it the movie is not Doom and can't even pretend to be Doom. Rather it's just a rehash of a tired sci-fi cliche with the Doom name for a title. If we wanted to see a simple horror-sci-fi movie, we'd watch Event Horizon.

c) Supposedly involving S.W.A.T. Team members instead of Space Marines. As stated before, something so simple as what the name of the uniformed soldiers in the movie didn't even try hold continuity. There's no reason or purpose to change Space Marines, which is Doom's staple, to something different. It's just bad taste and bad scripting.

d) Having no UAC (Union Aerospace Commission) involved in the movie. Though unconfirmed, this would be another key element of the Doom saga left out.

e) Several minor issues, such as the BFG (Big F***ing Gun) now renamed to Bio Force Gun. As well as all the great DooM Hellspawn such as the Pinky Demon, the Baron of Hell and several others being played by Human characters, and given uncreative names like "Pinky" and "Goat" and "Baron." This is not only uncreative, but rather creating a movie without the Doom plotline and letting it stand "as-is", this movie makes deliberate nods and references to the game, like it's trying so hard to be true to the game, but falls short because the plot has nothing to do with the game at all. Why even bother calling the personnel by gimmicky little nicknames so we can tell what they'll mutate to? Again, just bad scripting and character casting.

Please go to the petition at this website
http://www.dmop.co.nr/

and please people at other forums aswell as this one spred the word there aswell and people in other category forums spred the word

yeah i know espeacially with the virus thing instead of Hell
did u sign the petition any signitures would be greatly appreaciated

rafdog, i'm not trying to be rude or anything, but what does it matter?? Does it truly offend you that they're screwing up the movie??

Or do people get pissed off cause they're naming the movie wrong? I believe that the movie director's will get their due when their sales suck and they make next to no revenue.

well look at the differences there making
im a hardcore gamer and a movies being made of a great game but its got nothing to do with the game and there just using the name of it to get some extra cash ergo making them richer buying a new benz while the public is being lyed to and at the end of it we feel dodged adn ripped off.

no offence taken either it would just help the cause if people signed the petition there up to: 7500 exactly u gotta admit thats alota people that care

and to sign it it takes around 30secs

You wont change anything its in the shooting phase. People just wont go to it. Its their own faults.

fair enough point but sh!t wat can it hurt to sign it

Dave Callahan (the producer or something) has heard of this petition and more signitures (however slight) may change his look towards the production

TibsBeatAll said:
rafdog, i'm not trying to be rude or anything, but what does it matter?? Does it truly offend you that they're screwing up the movie??

Or do people get pissed off cause they're naming the movie wrong? I believe that the movie director's will get their due when their sales suck and they make next to no revenue.

Because you gotta get the facts right in order to represent, my friend.

EDIT>>> And the UAC stands for Union Aerospace Corporation, not Comission.

This is what they should do:
a) The movie should take place either on Mars, or one or two of Mars' moons (Deimos and Phobos). This is where the story is in the game, it's not totally necessary since it could take place on any planet, but at least keep things true to the game's plot as much as possible.
b) The movie should be based around Hellspawn, as well as Hell itself. This is so essential to the entire plot of Doom that without it, it's simply not the Doom story at all and can never be seriously called such. The Virus should also be abolished, since this is supposed to be a DooM movie, and there has never been any sign of a Virus in DooM, ever.
c) The team members in the movie should be Space Marines, period. There is no reason to change them to S.W.A.T. members, the idea makes no sense to begin with.
d) The UAC should play the major corporation role in the movie. Just as Resident Evil stayed true to the Umbrella Corporation, so should DooM stay true to the UAC.
e) The minor issues can and should be fixed easily. By casting Human characters for creatures that are in no way humanoid is silly. This is simply a way of budgeting the movie into something cheap. The BFG should simply remain an acronym, let the audience decide what the acronym stands for.
f) This movie should be aiming for an R-Rating (18+). DooM is supposed to be one of the scariest concepts imaginable, and only an R-Rating would suffice. After all the people who could play the first incarnation of the game and the people who could purchase the game are all over 18, there's no reason to make it any less than R.

the movie is only named doom. It will be nothing like doom. Get over it. I did. I also wont be seeing the movie.

Back
Top Bottom