Limewire problem

jim1

BSOD
When i log on to my pc Lime wire keeps starting up automaticly ive tried to stop it but it keeps coming on and when i quit it it quits and about 10 seconds later it re launches it self and starts limewire up again!
and i cant access the internet when Limewire is running.
can anyone help me with this annoying problem?
Thanks.

go to start>run>type in "msconfig">go to the startup tab>uncheck limewire if it's there. that will stop it from starting when you restart, i don't know y it would start after you close though. maybe try re-intalling it.

ive done what you said would it be under the name p2pnetworking?
is this what i should stop?
Thanx

Yeah that'll be it probably, since its peer to peer ran.

Hasn't the program itself in options got a button to uncheck the startup command?

hi.. open your limewire then go to Tools>Options>Advanced>System Start up..then uncheck run system on start up

Ive done what you said but it didnt work it still comes up on system startup and ive turned off the automatic startup in Limewire but it just wont stop!

ok.. you may try this.. open limewire then Tools>Connections then uncheck connect on startup. i also had the same problem.. but i was able to solve it a while a go...

Yeah ive tried uninstalling and re-installing but makes no difrance but i dont want to try another p2p software becouse i think Limewire is the best out of them all and the fastest.

Back
Top Bottom