lightning ball custom case?

aussie

Solid State Member
i was wondering if anyone had any isight of what i might be able to do to place a plasma ball in my custom made case - what i would like to do it remove the rod thingy inside of the sphere and place it into a square plastic one..
i would like to know if there is gas inside it and if i break the orginal sphere will it totally reck it
anyone who has experimented with this as much input would be appreciated, since i am looking for doing this over the next week.
thanks in advance aussie :D

Yeah, I believe there will be some kind of gas inside the sphere to make the effect possible.

My worry about you doing this at all though is the possible cause of built up static that could suddenly appear in your case from having such a device within it. This would not be good for the components inside, and may even damage/fry them.

That's been done before. Check it out HERE I think it's the version 5 but I could be wrong.

Pretty cool Idea if you can make it work!

It looks kewl and all, but I would have thought the static electricity produced by the unit would cause some problems.

put it in a crap comp and see if it will crap it up.

idk.

i think that there would be a way to stop static. like idk, but, take those non static bags that some computer parts come in, and like put it round the back of the ball, or put it over the mobo or something.

Yeah but I wouldn't even trust one of those.

Its a static unit, its powering static electricty, which is how the whole thing works :p

It doesn't just collect it, it creates it.

Haha, those people on that website though are mad. A firby in a PC case?...
They forgot after it falls to sleep, they have to tip it upside down to wake it up, haha, which means tipping the case.

Back
Top Bottom