LG DVD & LG Bluray Drives not detected

hvacdoc

Solid State Member
Hope someone can help me with this,

Have a comp w/ Asus Sabertooth MB, I7 Processor, running Windows 7 64 bit.

I can see the drives in bois but when check in window drives not there. In device manager the drives are there but when try to update driver or uninstall it says drivers are installed and up to date.

When computer starts I do not get any flashing from either drive. If I put a disk in the drive the light flashes and can hear it trying to load then stops and nothing else happens.

I have the same set up in another computer only with a MSI MB & core 5 processor with no problems.

I guess I could try a drive from other puter but thought I ask before trying that in case I missing something simple.

This is a new motherboard and had the same problem with with an Asus PX58E MB.

Any ideas? Thanks, Gary

This probably isn't the best place to trouble shoot. I can't see anyone here being able to efficiently diagnose this sort of issue.
My advice? Bring it in to a local best buy. Those guys can get a first hand look at the inside of your computer where as we cannot.

I may be wrong, though, so don't call it quits here til someone smarter than me replies.

hvacdoc: From within Windows, click Start, then highlight but don't click on "Computer" - RIGHT click instead and choose "manage" - you can also click start and type COMPMGMT.MSC and hit enter

From the Computer Management console, click the Storage heading if it's not already expanded, then choose "Disk Management"

Look for your hard drives in there. Do they show up? You may need to right click on them and choose "Assign Drive letter" which in some cases may be necessary if another drive is using the drive letter that Windows thinks that the other one should have. Silly Windows.

If that doesn't work, let us know.

Ok, I checked for assigned drive letters and they each have one. 2 hard drives are c & e and the 2 burners are e & f. The hard drives show up in the top of the box but not the burners. Down below the hard drives and burners are showing up but the burners only show as cd roms and do not say online. If only I had an extra sata burner lying around could probably solve this real quick! May go to the used comp store tomorrow and pick one up for a couple bucks.

Ended up finding windows as the problem. Re-installed windows and all is well.

Thanks, Gary

Back
Top Bottom