Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-07-2007, 06:06 AM   #1
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

I've heard great things about there return service so I decided to try this out and see if they'll help me out. I bought that NF63 thinking it would fully support the quad cores down the road. At that time they were still a little more than I wanted to spend but I figured when the price drop happened i'd upgrade. I had saw another post suggesting that to some guy on the Evga forums so I decided to write them a email explaining the situation.

Do you think they will accept my request or decline heres the letter.

Hello I purchased this board around 1 month ago. EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail

I had a Asus P5n32 SLI go bad on me and decided this was the board for me after talking on some forums I heard alot of great things about this board. So I decided to buy it also because I new it had quad core support for a future upgrade currently have a E6600. When the price of the Q6600 dropped from $480 to roughly $300 I decided I'd pick one up. Becoming a recent member of the Evga forum after getting my board I decided to ask how the overclocking went on the board. They said there's a defect on them that they won't pass a 1300QDR and won't even support a 1333FSB quad which I fully expected it should be able to.

That rather upsets me I paid for a board that I figured was somewhat future proof but can't even support what it claims to. Is there anyway I might be able to do a return on the board and pay the difference on a EVGA 122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail and exchange this board?

Best regards,
Matt
__________________

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:13 AM   #2
BSOD
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 6,556
Send a message via MSN to Rudster816
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

where did you buy it? newegg will make instant RMA verifaction and i belive EVGA's service is second to none they allow cross shipping too
__________________

Rudster816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:18 AM   #3
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudster816 View Post
where did you buy it? newegg will make instant RMA verifaction and i belive EVGA's service is second to none they allow cross shipping too
I bought from newegg but there on a 30 day return policy. Didn't talk to them though i'm at day 35 or 36 since I bought it. So I figured i'd email Evga and see what they say.

I think that would be the right thing to do on there part. I know they have no problem giving you board after board if you fry it. I see why they shouldn't honor this because in a way its false advertising.

This was like a spur of the moment thing for me it upsets me to know that if this does not go through I'd have to buy a 3rd board just to get a quadcore when I thought this one would support them.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:16 AM   #4
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

The latest BIOS update is supposed to solve that from what I have heard. I would look into that more before considering RMAing.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:23 AM   #5
Golden Master
 
Thelis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,410
Send a message via AIM to Thelis Send a message via MSN to Thelis Send a message via Yahoo to Thelis
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

Yeah I will check out that BIOS update. I also have the NF63, and I am getting a couple quad cores soon, so I would like to have a mobo that can actually OC them well. But I LOOOOVE the 680i chipset!
Thelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 11:44 AM   #6
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,276
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

EVGA rma service is pretty nice, I've had two of my friends return a video card and motherboard, they came back in about a week.
__________________
| AMD 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor | ASUS A8N-e nF4 Ultra | Hitachi Deskstar 250gb 3.0 gb/s | 1gb Corsair Value RAM 2x512 | eVGA geforce 6800GS | sound blaster live! 24-bit | NZXT Trinity Classic chassis | OCZ GameXStream OCZ700GXSSLI PSU |
I was there. In the networking forum for the first time, and it was because.. of 341
kchi55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 12:53 PM   #7
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celegorm View Post
The latest BIOS update is supposed to solve that from what I have heard. I would look into that more before considering RMAing.
This is something a updated bios will not fix. Like I said I didn't find this out till a short time ago. A 680i SE is junk for overclocking quad cores and won't even work with a 1333mhz quad core. Look at EVga's knowledge base. They even screw it up in there. Look at how its wrote:

Question / Issue
What is the difference between the 122-CK-NF68-XX and 122-CK-NF63-TR motherboards?

Answer / Solution
The 122-CK-NF63-TR is a special part number for 680i SE boards motherboards. The 122-CK-NF63-TR does support Intel quad core CPU's, but is not recommended for overclocking quad core CPU's. For more information please follow this link: http://www.evga.com/articles/358.asp

Than if you follow that bottom link it will show you all the different boards and what there good at. Notice the NF63 has a little asteriks next to it stating it only supports 1066Mhz FSB quad cores. Because no matter what bios version you use its in the hardware not the software.

And here's one of the reads from Evga's forums. To save you the link i'll just post the problem. If you want the source go HERE

Comments:



quote:

ORIGINAL: thehalogod

I have a Q6600 (B3 stepping) and purchased the EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard from newegg only to find out from the box (not the tech specs on the product page when I was going to buy it) that it won't allow quad core over clocking.

Laiiiiiime. Why isn't this mentioned on the product's specsheet?

Is there a way to unlock overclocking with new bios or something like that?


It's not something locked it's something bugged. There is instability over a certain FSB with quad cores if you overclock. (it start between 1200 to 1300FSB I think so it's very limited in term of overclock)

You could always ask newegg to return it. Complain that they didn't specify it on their web site. Then buy the NF68-A1 or NF68-T1 or NF67-A1 (680i LT) instead. Those will overclock the Quads.

Well, there is no mention on the spec pages on Newegg for any of the EVGA 680i motherboards that they will allow quad core overclocking. And, more accurately, the NF63 TR board does allow some level of quad core overclocking, just not at levels on a par with the "1" revision boards. The voltage regulation/supply circuitry was beefed up in the new revision, so a BIOS update doesn't do the trick.

If you have an "R" revision 680i SLI motherboard, it will not allow much of a quad core overclock. Many users hit a wall at 1200 FSB QDR. That includes any 680i SLI AR, BR, or TR boards regardless of NF designation.
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #8
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

Okay so heres were i'm at with correspondence. It looks like he does not want to acknowledge the problem with the NF63TR boards. I'll keep emailing him until he slips up that is just really pissing me off that he says you can RMA your board for another NF63TR board but you can't upgrade and pay the difference when everybody's website has none of this info.

And just to confirm in there knowledge base it does show the NF63TR with a asteriks that it works with 1066FSB Quad cores.

Heres were i'm at so far.


Bottom line you spec sheet is your spec sheet. Thats all fine and dandy for people that look at your site but what about the people like me that go on newegg and see this. Taken direct from neweggs link for the NF63 - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...122-CK-NF63-TR

Heres the spec's on it as listed by newegg.

Model
Brand EVGA
Model 122-CK-NF63-TR
Supported CPU
CPU Socket Type LGA 775
CPU Type Quad-core / Core 2 Extreme / Core 2 Duo / Pentium
FSB 1333/1066MHz

So your telling me if I bought a quad core made to run with a 1333FSB it would work? Because I don't believe you seeming how nobody can even pass a 1300FSB with this board. Please confirm that for me and everybody else on the forums that i'm a member of. To me it looks like false advertising because from what i've heard it won't even run a 1333FSB Quad which provided by the spec's page on neweggs website theres no mention of it not. Taking a look at the knowledge base there's a little asteriks next to this board that states works with 1066FSB quad cores. Why is that asterik there if in fact it supports 1333FSB quad cores???? Maybe because it doesn't and thats false advertising.

I did in fact love this board for my core2duo as I said in my first message. I paid $170 for my board if I new I couldn't buy a 1333FSB Quad or overclock them I would have spent the extra $50 on a NF68 board. Maybe you should have these sites update that info because not everybody goes direct to your website to make sure the spec's are accurate. I shouldn't have to search the web for hours to make sure in fact what i'm buying supports what it says it does.

I will pay the difference. I'm not asking you to just send me a NF68. Your website talks of how Evga's customer service is second to none. I'm not seeing that. I'm sure there quite a few upset people with NF 63 TR boards upset over this problem with the board. I think you should offer the option of a upgrade because you know there is a defect.

Tell me a Quad core designed with a 1333FSB will work 100% no possibility that it won't run. I don't believe you can say that with 100% confidence.




>From: "Gabriel Perez" <gperez@evga.com>
>To: "Matt " <>
>Subject: RE: possible rma? [ME-070807-765222]
>Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 11:52:54 -0700
>
>Hello Matt, the motherboard supports running those processors, but over
>clocking those processors may not over clock beyond 1333fsb, You paid
>for the NF63 motherboard not the NF68 motherboard and rma'ing the NF63
>will only give you the NF63, there is no false advertising if you take a
>look at our product spec sheet at all.
>
>
>
>
>
>Gabriel Perez
>gperez@evga.com
> >Customer Service Agent
>
>The Ultimate Platform for Gaming, HD Video, Photos & Entertainment
>
>
>www.evga.com
>888.881.EVGA
>fax: 714.528.4501
>
>
>-----Original Message-----
>From: Matt [mailto:]
>Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 11:48 AM
>To: EVGA Tech
>Subject: RE: possible rma? [ME-070807-765222]
>
>Okay so you say the RMA for the A1 or T1 revisions are only for the NF63
>
>boards? I have the NF63 board. It does not support what your adds says
>it
>will. Go look at newegg's website it say it supports quad
>core/core2extreme/core2duo with both 1066FSB/ and 1333FSB. Will a
>1333FSB
>quad core work with my NF63 board? If i'm understanding correctly it
>won't
>so I believe thats false advertising.
>
>This should not be technically a upgrade if anything you should be
>recalling
>these NF63 board. I basically just through $170 down the drain when if
>I
>new I needed a NF68 A1 revision to support and overclock a quad core I
>would
>of spent the extra $50 and bought a NF68 board.
>
>So shouldn't I get the RMA since I have a NF63 TR board? The board is
>defective and you know it is and should stand by your customer service
>claims. I'm not spending another $220 for another Evga board just to
>get a
>quad core. Especially when I thought the board I just bought to replace
>the
>p5n32 woiuld support them as newegg and other companys ads say they
>will.
>
>Also whats the deal with this thread on your forum there are people
>claiming
>your letting them upgrade please eloborate.
>
>http://www.evga.com/forums/tm.asp?m=...55311;�
>
>And just to clarify because your response still is a bit confusing.
>
>I have: NF63 TR (I want to RMA the NF63 TR)
>I Want to pay the difference and get a (NF68 A1)
>
>Or are you saying there is a new NF63 revision A1 that supports quad
>cores?
>Because you said The RMA for the A1 and T1 revisions are only for the
>NF63
>boards. Well thats the board I have so shouldn't you honor that by your
>own
>statement.
>
>Thanks,
>Matt
>
>
>
> >From: "EVGA Tech" <tech@evga.com>
> >To: "Matt " <>
> >Subject: RE: possible rma? [ME-070807-765222]
> >Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 10:13:52 -0700
> >
> >Matt,
> >Unfortunately the RMA for the A1 and T1 revisions are only for the NF63
> >boards. We do not have an upgrade program for motherboards.
> >http://www.evga.com/articles/358.asp
> >
> >
> >EVGA
> >
> >-----Original Message-----
> >From: Matt [mailto:]
> >Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2007 3:02 AM
> >To: EVGA RMA
> >Subject: possible rma? [ME-070807-765222]
> >
> >Hello I purchased this board around 1 month ago. EVGA 122-CK-NF63-TR
> >LGA
> >775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
> >
> >I had a Asus P5n32 SLI go bad on me and decided this was the board for
> >me
> >after talking on some forums I heard alot of great things about this
> >board.
> >So I decided to buy it also because I new it had quad core support for
>a
> >
> >future upgrade currently have a E6600. When the price of the Q6600
> >dropped
> >from $480 to roughly $300 I decided I'd pick on up. Becoming a recent
> >member of the Evga forum after getting my board I decided to ask how
>the
> >
> >overclocking went on the board. They said there's a defect on them
>that
> >
> >they won't pass a 1300QDR and won't even support a 1333FSB quad which I
> >fully expected it should be able to.
> >
> >That rather upsets me I paid for a board that I figured was somewhat
> >future
> >proof but can't even support what it claims to. Is there anyway I
>might
> >be
> >able to do a return on the board and pay the difference on a EVGA
> >122-CK-NF68-A1 LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 680i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard -
> >Retail
> >and exchange this board?
> >
> >Best regards,
> >Matt
> >
>
ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 PM   #9
Site Team
 
celegorm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 10,713
Send a message via AIM to celegorm
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

Since you have registered your board, you should be a member of their forums, PM EVGATECH_Jacob and forward him those emails. I have seen him do miracles and explain things to many people in such a way that other's couldn't.
__________________
"as a fanboy i refuse to admit it and will pull countless things out of my butt to disprove it"

Team Thelegorm! Total Kills: 21 (i iz in uor profile, editsing your sigz)
celegorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:46 PM   #10
Fully Optimized
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,629
Send a message via AIM to ߧ∩H♠H䎀
Default Re: Lets see how good Evga's RMA service really is!

Thanks for the link. I am a member of there forum. I'll have to find him and send him a copy.

Would you agree with me celegorm that its false advertising? I mean does it only make sense to me. Why would there knowledge base have a asteriks by this model with supports 1066FSB quads. Nobody's page like newegg etc even mention that it won't run a 1333 Quad. See what he has to say I guess. Thanks for the advice though.
__________________

ߧ∩H♠H䎀 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0