Lenovo Thinkcentre A70-7844C1U SSF

Vguys

Solid State Member
Hi, I was wondering if I could replace my current PSU (180-Watts) to a more stronger PSU. I want to do this so I can install a dedicated video card like the Geforce GT 220 or the Radeon HD 7450. I was thinking I could be able to change my PSU to something like this: SilverStone Technology Co., Ltd.- ST45SF
I just need confirmation that I will be able to replace my PSU in my SSF Computer without any troubles, Thanks!

You might be able to fit the PSU in there, however, I think the expansion slots on the back of the case are only half height. If that's the case, you would need a low profile video card.

The lenovo website says that the Radeon Card is compatible with my computer so I guess all Video cards at that height would fit as well?
Edit: I found a good low profile Graphics card: http://www.amd.com/us/products/desk...hd-5000/hd-5570/Pages/hd-5570-overview.aspx#1
It's the Radeon HD 5570 and it's low profile so it should be able to fit in my computer right? (I don't know the maximum height requirement for compatible graphics cards) The only problem I see is my PSU which i will replace with the PSU mentioned before.

PS: My computer only has one PCI-E x16

Last edited:
If the computer uses a standard ATX PSU, you shouldn't have a problem. That card will work in both low profile and full height applications.

One more question, Is the PSU i'm going to use to replace my current one compatible with any SFF computer (ST45SF)

Back
Top Bottom