Least ram which browser?

Chrome is a resource hog. This is because it compensates not crashing for each individual tab using its own individual ram amounts. for example, if you have one tab for banking and one for online games, the game tab would be using the most ram whereas the banking would be using a lighter amount. regular browsers combine it all with a fixed amount of ram. that being said, chrome is only good on lower end computers if you only use a few tabs. as a recomendation, firefox has always gotten for the most part, the least amount of usage of resources.

This is silly. Yes - each tab is an individual process but on the whole, chrome is the best, smallest and quickest web browser on the market. If you are concerned about it then the alternative is lunescape. It takes all the awesomeness of chrome, the neatness of firefox and the simplesticalolgy of ie and puts it into 1 engine? How is that possible Rhizome - that'd require three different engines! Whats that? Lunescape allows for ALL THREE and the user to choose which one depending on computer structure and need? AWESOME!.

also, this shows that you haven't read any of the bench mark testing done on recent browsers. Chrome is even better than opera and their new 'turbo' engine (which is what Chrome just calls 'regular browsing').

I switched from ie to firefox about 5 years ago because it ran so much cleaner than ie did. Then once chrome started being advertised on google's homepage, i tried it and really liked it, it ran really well and the task manager, debugger and inspector came massively in handy with web design. Within about the last month i've installed a few more developer tools on firefox and switched back. Chrome was forgetting my passwords, rubbishing my cookies and crashing a little.

Back
Top Bottom