Leadtek 6800GT Water Cooling VS Heatsink.

Duzz

In Runtime
Alright the Leadtek comes with a big copper Heatsink, one of my main questions is by takeing off the heatsink is there going to be a problem with any of the other componants being cooled. Second i have a Swifttech VGA Cooling block im going to install on it if there is nothing wrong with takeing off the heatsink.

What would you do, Take off the heatsink and go water or keep it on and go Heatsink?

The heat sink raps around the card and is big. so i dont know. Please help on my question, or if that what would you do.

Link to the Video card http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-122-195&depa=0

Thanks agian.

Duzz

You can take the heatsink off, but I'm sure it'll vod the warranty (if you have one).

i dont care about warranty, i want to oc it. so one is on water Cooling so i dont know as of yet.

DangerDen would be the way to go, I installed one last weekend, not too hard. just feels heavy as hell. 2lbs heatsink.

This is what I would do. Before you start modifying it, test it to see how it runs under OC. If the temps get pretty outrageous, then by all means, try alternatives like better heatsink (don't know how effective this will be if your graphics card end up running super hot) or just get it water cooled instead.

I have a water cooling unit from swifttech, useing there GPU cooling block. Havent used it yet. So should i just run with it and use it? and not worrie about the heatsink if i already have the stuff?

This is just an Enquireing, i dont have it yet, but im going to try and learn OCing. So i dont know what i should do. So i dont have Temps for you. The Beggining of Next month is when all my Computer parts i ordered should be here. When i start OC it ill let you know. If i can even oc. Since you know my plans... what would the recomendation be.

Back
Top Bottom