LCD TV HDMI TO DVI no audio when connecting rca to 3.mm jack!!!!
im trying to connect my pc to my LCD TV. I bought a hdmi to dvi cable and a rca(L-audio-R) to 3.5mm jack. I connect the hdmi on my samsung lcd tv and the dvi on my pc(video card 9400gt nvidia).
The hdmi to dvi cable is working perfect but i am getting no audio at all even when i connnect the rca to 3.5mm jack. I know that the rca to 3.5mm jack does work because i can use it on my stereo.
I have read other articles that are telling me that the tv disables the audio cable. I have tried this method below but i cant seem to find the [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings] section i can find it in another driver 169.21 but it dosnt support my video card so i downloaded the 186.18 which does support my driver but cant find [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings].
1. Get Phoenix EDID Designer, (Download Phoenix EDID Designer - Freeware Software - Tucows), unzip and run the exe (no install reqd)
2. Click Tools->Extract registry EDID, then double click the line for your TV/monitor in the popup
3. Click Tools->Byte viewer, and note down the values in row 00, columns 08-0B (4 bytes)
4. Start the installation of the latest Nvidia drivers and cancel out once the files are extracted
6. Open the file "nv_disp.inf" in a text editor. By default for the current drivers this is in C:\NVIDIA\...\169.21
7. Scroll down to the section [nv_SoftwareDeviceSettings], add the following line there, replacing the "XX" values below with the 4 values noted in step 3:
HKR,, OverrideEdidFlags0, %REG_BINARY%, XX,XX,XX,XX,00,00,FF,FF,04,00,00,00,7E,01,00
4. Uninstall your current drivers and reboot
5. Install the modified drivers by running the previously extracted setup.exe. By default for the current drivers, this is in C:\NVIDIA\...\169.21. You'll get a warning about the driver not being signed because of the modified inf. Just press OK.
Is there any other way to fix this problem ive looked everywhere, please.
Can someone please tell me what to do, can i contact samsung or is there a setting on the tv i have to change.