lcd screens

0v3rc10cl0ck3d

In Runtime
i was looking at a samsung sync master 19inch wide screen has a 2000:1 contrast ratio and a 2ms responce time its like in the 211 doller range is that a good price for that monitor?

I have a Samsung SyncMaster 206BW (20 inch widescreen) - 3000:1 contast, 2ms response time, I picked up for around £170

0v3rc10cl0ck3d, yeah, it looks exactly the same as that...

I wouldn't say the quality of my screen is the best though. That 800:1 might be slightly better due to it maybe having a better LCD panel within it, if its around the same price that is.
Apparently, the version I got had quite a lot of revisions. I think I got the first revision, which is inferior to the later ones.

Yes, supposedly. Don't just judge your decision on that though. There are other factors in an LCD monitor you need to consider.

Yeah, for a 3000:1 contrast, I expected more black.
I have got a bit of light bleeding at the bottom but not much to notice when stuffs on.
I'm happy with the monitor, and its better than the other one, but I expected more, thats all.

Samsung are a good make though. You just have to do your research to make sure your getting a good revision of the monitor in question.

yo if u get a widescreen monitor, i suggest u get an HDCP monitor, therefore, in the future, u can use it for home media stuff like HD-DVD/Blu-Ray players and PS3 and cable boxes and stuff in HD

Back
Top Bottom