LCD response time?

Quantum Flux

In Runtime
ill soon be building a new rig. - and am buying 2 lcd's
i work at a computer retailer and i notice that when watching a dvd on an lcd screen, the interlacing is offset between each line. it looks terible.

some screens are not so bad. could this be put down to response time?

I don't think that it would be due to the response time of the LCDs ...
Could it be the size of the LCD ? Because i am not 100% sure of what you mean by interlacing is offset between each line, is it pixels ?

as i said, i work at a computer retailer. so i see a lot of lcd's, even on laptops i notice it. it happens when watching a dvd movie. some are beter than others.
the interlacing becomes momentarily missaligned like so.

Hmm, maybe the wrong setting is set, maybe in the DVD options. Some monitors would work different with different settings. Like interlacing is sometimes a setting, and because its a retailer, they'd probably have the same setting.

Not a way to get them sold huh? :p

I don't think its about response time though, but could be something to do with frame rate or something. It might be woprth tinkering with the settings a bit

I don't know if this has anything to do with this but when i bought my LCD (eventually chose an Iiyama ProLite E435S 17" 10ms), i saw the quality of a lot of LCDs in shops which appeared to be awful quality, including this misalignment. I asked a wise monk why this was, that he said it was because in shops they run whatever is on all the screens off one digital signal, which is split between all the screens. For example, my Iiyama ProLite looked pretty bad in the shops when it was linked up with all the other monitors (which looked just as bad). However, on this PC it looks crystal clear!

Like i said, i don't know if that's the case. You're going to be doing that anyway, so it's probably not. But; there's my input.

Back
Top Bottom