LCD HDTV as monitor

disturbed13

Daemon Poster
okay i have a couple of questions, im looking at a 32-36" LCD HDTV. and im going to use an 8800GTX and it comes with an HDTV adapter. the red, green, and blue are all female and so will be the tv. so now we come to the 3 questions
1) Would i need to change the screen resolution? i would change from my 20" LCD monitor to a 32-36" LCD tv.
2) When i connect the TV would i need to disconnect the monitor?
3) To connect the 2 i would need a cable that has the male part on both ends right?
4) Is there any video degradition over 17'?
thanks for all of the help

okay i have a couple of questions, im looking at a 32-36" LCD HDTV. and im going to use an 8800GTX and it comes with an HDTV adapter. the red, green, and blue are all female and so will be the tv. so now we come to the 3 questions
1) Would i need to change the screen resolution? i would change from my 20" LCD monitor to a 32-36" LCD tv.
2) When i connect the TV would i need to disconnect the monitor?
3) To connect the 2 i would need a cable that has the male part on both ends right?
4) Is there any video degradition over 17'?
thanks for all of the help

dont use red-green-blue (component) connections as they are analog and lossy. the picture will be very strange looking, not suitable for PC use.

i'd recommend you use HDMI - which is basically DVI with audio (it doesnt need it tho). if the tv doesnt have DVI already on it, and has HDMI then get a $1 converter from radioshack. same deal if the tv only has RGB on it (VGA D-Sub).

now what do u mean? ur monitor + ur tv at the same time? cuz i think it needs to be at the same resolution, so it depends on ur priorities. if u want it looking good on ur tv, then set it to ur tv's native res, which is i'm guessing either 1366x768 or 1280x720, (since its 32-36), if u want it on ur monitor, (if its 17) i'm guessing its 1280x1024 or somethin.

ur not very clear on what ur trying to do here, explain more and i'll be able to help you more

dont use red-green-blue (component) connections as they are analog and lossy. the picture will be very strange looking, not suitable for PC use.

i'd recommend you use HDMI - which is basically DVI with audio (it doesnt need it tho). if the tv doesnt have DVI already on it, and has HDMI then get a $1 converter from radioshack. same deal if the tv only has RGB on it (VGA D-Sub).

now what do u mean? ur monitor + ur tv at the same time? cuz i think it needs to be at the same resolution, so it depends on ur priorities. if u want it looking good on ur tv, then set it to ur tv's native res, which is i'm guessing either 1366x768 or 1280x720, (since its 32-36), if u want it on ur monitor, (if its 17) i'm guessing its 1280x1024 or somethin.

ur not very clear on what ur trying to do here, explain more and i'll be able to help you more

okay
ive done a little bit of research on wikipedia
and ive looked at pics of the interface on LCD HDTVs on newegg.com
so here is my question how am i supposed to connect the tv and the pc with that cable?
where does it go? and what do i need to get?

maybe post what t.v your on about getting because if it has a VGA or DVI connection your wasting your time just use that.

i tried using my 32 " HD LCD tv as a computer screen didnt work at all had to have the resolution at 800 X 600 to even see any text.

so now i have it as an extended desktop text is still kinda blurry but its just there for films through my pc

Back
Top Bottom