LCD as computer monitor....please help

danc6433

Beta member
OK, after signing up it appears this may be a more advanced computer website but I am hoping someone can help :confused:

I have a Samsung 46" TV with a perfect picture on all applications except my computer. I have window boxing (black bars on all 4 sides) and can't figure out what I need to change. This occurs both as a desktop and when I watch a movie through Media Center. I DO NOT think it is a TV setting as cable and blu-ray work perfectly. Any guesses? I've knocked down the resolution from 1920 x 1080 to about 1660 and that works to stretch things out to all 4 sides, but only on the desktop (not with movies through Media Center). It is a brand new computer and even reads my monitor as a Samsung. Would anyone have any guesses? I have average knowledge about audio, video and computers, but can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance.

OK, after signing up it appears this may be a more advanced computer website but I am hoping someone can help :confused:

I have a Samsung 46" TV with a perfect picture on all applications except my computer. I have window boxing (black bars on all 4 sides) and can't figure out what I need to change. This occurs both as a desktop and when I watch a movie through Media Center. I DO NOT think it is a TV setting as cable and blu-ray work perfectly. Any guesses? I've knocked down the resolution from 1920 x 1080 to about 1660 and that works to stretch things out to all 4 sides, but only on the desktop (not with movies through Media Center). It is a brand new computer and even reads my monitor as a Samsung. Would anyone have any guesses? I have average knowledge about audio, video and computers, but can't figure this out.

Thanks in advance.
Most TV's don't auto adjust like monitors do. You can either adjust the picture size manually through your video card's control panel or the TV's controls. I can't remember which one I usually use.

Back
Top Bottom