LCD Blackout, comes on for few secs, then black

jdsanchez473

Solid State Member
I have an acer AL1702 LCD monitor that will come on and display the acer logo, then it will display the input (computer of course) for only a sec or two, then it will black out, but the power light stays on. If you turn it back off and then on again, it will come back on and repeat.. Sometimes it will stay on for 1 sec, sometimes 6-7 sec. Everything i've looked up so far only applied to some HP monitors having this problem and they were all because of a bad solder joint. So i got out the soldering iron, and looked for any that looked bad, didn't find any but i went threw and touched up EVERY single joint on the board, took forever. And guess what, it still doesn't work right. But i guess on the plus side i didn't screw it up any worse :)

If anyone could give me any clue as to what could be wrong with it i would appreciate it. I guess i should mention that when it goes off it is the backlights going out, not the lcd itself. Thx in advance.

I have an acer AL1702 LCD monitor that will come on and display the acer logo, then it will display the input (computer of course) for only a sec or two, then it will black out, but the power light stays on. If you turn it back off and then on again, it will come back on and repeat.. Sometimes it will stay on for 1 sec, sometimes 6-7 sec. Everything i've looked up so far only applied to some HP monitors having this problem and they were all because of a bad solder joint. So i got out the soldering iron, and looked for any that looked bad, didn't find any but i went threw and touched up EVERY single joint on the board, took forever. And guess what, it still doesn't work right. But i guess on the plus side i didn't screw it up any worse :)

If anyone could give me any clue as to what could be wrong with it i would appreciate it. I guess i should mention that when it goes off it is the backlights going out, not the lcd itself. Thx in advance.

maybe it's a compatibility/driver issue with your video card...? what video card do you have...?

maybe it's a compatibility/driver issue with your video card...? what video card do you have...?

It has been tried on several different computers with the same results. Plus even if you don't plug it into a computer, it gives you the "no signal" or something to that sort in a grey box that floats around the screen. And it goes off even without it being hooked up a random number of seconds after being turned on.

After digging around in it more i've found that the screen does stay on, just the backlights are going out. And before they go out, they kind of flicker, not really on and off, just get dimmer and brighter at a fast pace, but not steady. Does anyone know of a very simple inverter i could rig up on this to power the backlights? Or any way to test the inverter "coils" i guess you could say, with a multimeter?

Back
Top Bottom